Who should I go work for.

Dorsal Fin

Active member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Posts
33
Total Time
2300
Here is the deal. I have interviewed at piedmont. They offered the job and then a class date. They recently pushed my class date back and still havent given me a new class date yet. So here is the question Should I throw my resume out and see if I get any hits and possible interviews, or should I sit tight. My thoughts are Mesa, and Great Lakes if I do throw out the resume, mainly because of the fast upgrade time. I know everyone out there thinks that all three of these companies are at the bottom of the barrel, but I think that I would be able to get a fast interview and possibly an offer from one of these companies.

Any input would be appreciated.
 

Palerider957

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Posts
975
Total Time
1<
All of the airlines you mention are battered pilots shelters.....have some pride man.
 

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Posts
882
Total Time
~5k
Sounds like:

"I went out with this girl that's pretty ugly, and she says she wants to have sex now. Now her pimp is thinking about cutting her loose and she doesn't want to give it up just yet unless she knows she'll get paid. I know these other two ugly girls and I'm thinking I should ask them out because I think they'll give it up pretty easy too. I know what you guys think of these girls, and that they probably all have the clap, but I only care about losing my virginity as fast as possible.

Any input would be appreciated."
 

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Joined
Jan 23, 2003
Posts
2,219
Total Time
5000+
heck,why not shoot for the stars and go to Gulfstream or better yet how about Tab Express?
 
B

buttercup

Dorsal Fin said:
Here is the deal. I have interviewed at piedmont. They offered the job and then a class date. They recently pushed my class date back and still havent given me a new class date yet. So here is the question Should I throw my resume out and see if I get any hits and possible interviews, or should I sit tight. My thoughts are Mesa, and Great Lakes if I do throw out the resume, mainly because of the fast upgrade time. I know everyone out there thinks that all three of these companies are at the bottom of the barrel, but I think that I would be able to get a fast interview and possibly an offer from one of these companies.



DO NOT COMMUTE!! Choose accordingly.Good luck!!
 

sleddriver77

Reformed Bush Pilot
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Posts
276
Total Time
10000+
They're always looking for cooks at Denny's. :)
 

Cpt Splash

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Posts
134
Total Time
lots
Rogue5 said:
Sounds like:

"I went out with this girl that's pretty ugly, and she says she wants to have sex now. Now her pimp is thinking about cutting her loose and she doesn't want to give it up just yet unless she knows she'll get paid. I know these other two ugly girls and I'm thinking I should ask them out because I think they'll give it up pretty easy too. I know what you guys think of these girls, and that they probably all have the clap, but I only care about losing my virginity as fast as possible.

Any input would be appreciated."

A wise man once said," Fat girls are like mopeds, They are really fun to ride until your friends see you on one."
 

Gator1999

WAR KITTENS!?!
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Posts
273
Total Time
>5000
A wise man once said," Fat girls are like mopeds, They are really fun to ride until your friends see you on one."

LOL Cpt. Splash, that's the funniest thing I heard in a long time!

You gotta love flightinfo...I've seen some funny stuff on this board, but threads like this one are the ones that I love to read! Keep up the funny boys!
 
Last edited:

BlackPilot628

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Posts
816
Total Time
5000+
Cpt Splash said:
A wise man once said," Fat girls are like mopeds, They are really fun to ride until your friends see you on one."

PLEASE! That is the oldest ****** joke in the book. Get out of the disney books and come up with something good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mamba20

Do what now?
Joined
Nov 27, 2004
Posts
1,030
Total Time
000000
Ok, back to the original question, DO NOT go to an airline based on upgrade times. Its been said before that once an airline boasts about fast upgrade times, that the time for that has already passed. I would keep on bugging Piedmont, but also look into PSA, XJT and CHQ. Dont go to Mesa man, have some self respect. Just my thoughts.
 

crashpad

"Why do you come to me?"
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Posts
1,354
Total Time
+13000
Coocoo Tim, Great avatar!!! Where can I get the poster?

Do the opposite of what seems logical and you'll surpass all in your league. Apply at Air Wisconsin, serioulsy.
 

BlackPilot628

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Posts
816
Total Time
5000+
Go to Regions Air/ dba American Connection. (Formally Corporate Airlines)
 

Scapegoat

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Posts
74
Total Time
4500
Good call CP, Air Willy should be letting the bottom 25% go here in about a year!

Advice to the original post.....Try not to commute and find a place that you could see yourself at for a long time. You never know what this industry will do in the years ahead. LOL....
 

beechcowboy

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Posts
90
Total Time
$1
Go to Colgan, they'll give you a free colonoscopy... every day. AND, you'll have releases with 3 pages of MEL's.
 

JungleJett

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2004
Posts
1,111
Total Time
1
I was told by a Comair guy today on my commute home that they are having some troubles filling classes. Take that for what it is worth...

Pretty good bunch of folks living under some crappy rules and now a crappy contract.
 

TheBigH

FA love u long time ...
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Posts
225
Total Time
7K+
beechcowboy said:
Go to Colgan, they'll give you a free colonoscopy... every day. AND, you'll have releases with 3 pages of MEL's.

I think you meant Colganoscopy .... a colonoscopy is less intrusive ...

I say we change the name from "Dispatch Release" to "MEL Manifest"

....

But seriously, Come to Colgan, you'll get a stiff one in the bumm but it may hurt less than others .... don't think Piedmont is worth waiting for ... and heed everyone else's advice .. MESA is the Devil !!!
 
Last edited:
Top