• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who might Southwest merge with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I got a job at Airtran about a year ago. Could I have gotten a job at Southwest...yes. It would have taken a 737 type ($6000+). I think WN is the best place to be at. Historically speaking, the key is to get with the up and coming company. So when the company one chooses is #1 and you are senior you reap the benifits. Granted I recently joined Airtran. Point being I could have gotten and interview at WN (provided I had a 737 type) and maybe if I interviewed well, gotten a job and entered the pool. Instead I chose to go for Airtran, an airline with a lot of growth potential. (not to say WN doesn't have growth potential). I think that I would have had the Southwest culture, but I didn't have the time or the money to compete for that. (family and that kind of stuff) Everyone I have flown with in the last year have been awesome. Granted there are always the 5-10% doushe ratio. If Southwest aquired/merged

with us....the culture would be very similar. Great guys that like to fly and want a great career. So anyone that thinks someone should re-interview for their job should remember....history. Im not an expert but, what comes around goeas around. We should try to help each other. Airtran and Southwest are in general great folks. If a merger happens, wht don't we merge fairly? I spoke to a NPA dude and he said we were in Dallas recently and worked out a fair integration. So the re-interview things seems unlikely unless we have serious financial troubles...

I am just sick of PCL 128 and his opinion of Southwest. Just because you got turned down by SWA or NEVER got the call there is no reason to be a hater. No ones dream is to work at Airtran!! Hey, I interviewed and got turned down by UPS my 1 choice, but I am not bitter at UPS or their pilots!!!

Your right, seven years ago I wouldn't even have left Express One International (old Longhorn callsign) to go to Airtran. I never dreamed about working at Airtran.

One furlough, one terrorist event, and one crappy paying Saab 340 job later, I ended up at Airtran in early 2004. Looking around at my other buddies that got hired at Frontier, ATA, America West, or even Southwest, I wouldn't trade my B717 Captain job living 20 minutes from the airport for any of their's. Not digging on anyone elses company but not buying into the grass is always greener somewhere else either.

Saab 340's are the shanizzle. I find myself daydreaming about the old days of rollbacks and FI stop malfunctions. Ooh ya, those were the days....... Oops, you guys were argueing about something else, my bad. Sorry for the interruption. Carry on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back