Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is willing to take pay cuts this round of BKs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm anticipating taking a 100% paycut shortly after Christmas. Good thing I didn't quit my part time job.

If taking a cut keeps the job I love then I am willing.
Awesome.
I was at ATA, I have taken pay cuts up to and including 100%.
Thankfully I did, because ATA is still here and..... and....

Wait, what??

Guess what, everyone. Taking pay cuts will save neither your job nor your airline.

Last edited:
Pickle nailed it... I was at Aloha, and our pilot group also saved the company AND the State of Hawaii by flying for free! We were awesomely rewarded for our effort. We should be the poster for ALPA.

Truth is... everyone will take another round of paycuts and bitch about it on FI all the while swearing up and down how they voted NO.

Last edited:
I dont' think they will--

whether we want to admit it or not-- this job paid enough last time that legacy guys were willing- now it doesn't- it's that simple... It doesn't pay enough to have any impact on the company's bottom line. And it doesn't pay enough so that we can bitch and moan about not having our luxuries... now it means having the house or not...
In 2002- guys were willing to give up the boat to save the job-- guys aren't going to willing to give up the house for just a marginal effect on the company.

You were stupid before (READ: IN 2002 YOU ONLY DELAYED THEIR REGRESSION TOWARDS ANOTHER BK. YOUR CUTS HELPED THE BOTTOM LINE NONE!)-- It would be ridiculously dumb to 'help' out again.

Somone Please get a rope ! Instructordude is exactly why this industry is in a downward sprial.
Go crawl back in your RJ and sit there and shutup !

Nice rhetoric... but another pilot group set a precedence for this round - FRONTIER.

If it happens, watch how everyone takes another round.... EASY.

I dont' think they will--

whether we want to admit it or not-- this job paid enough last time that legacy guys were willing- now it doesn't- it's that simple... It doesn't pay enough to have any impact on the company's bottom line. And it doesn't pay enough so that we can bitch and moan about not having our luxuries... now it means having the house or not...
In 2002- guys were willing to give up the boat to save the job-- guys aren't going to willing to give up the house for just a marginal effect on the company.

You were stupid before (READ: IN 2002 YOU ONLY DELAYED THEIR REGRESSION TOWARDS ANOTHER BK. YOUR CUTS HELPED THE BOTTOM LINE NONE!)-- It would be ridiculously dumb to 'help' out again.

Latest resources

Back