Sent the resume: $4.50
Got a phone call from Darinda: 35 min
Received the application: 2 weeks 3 days and 14 hours
Sent Application via FedEx: $28.65
Recieved Interview invatation: 2 weeks
Faxed DMV record via Kinkos: $2.00
Traveled to interview w/ hotel: $254.00
New suit to interview: $385.00

Telling NetJets face to face where to stick their 7 year upgrade: Priceless!

Disclaimer: This post is for entertainment only. I thought it funny. I in no way look down on NJ pilots or their company. Good luck to all ya'll hard working pilots at each and every frac.

I'm told (2nd hand info remember) that Derinda says 2 years to upgrade at a very recent interview.

She is predicting that it will be in the U-boat or the Haaaaak'ker (darn that doesn't role off the ole tongue) 400XP.

Anyway, again for what its worth.

I was once told I would upgrade at Eagle in 2 years. Six years later I left still a FO.

You turned down NetJets to end up at Avantair? There must be more to that story!

Disclaimer: This post is for entertainment only. I thought it funny. I in no way look down on NJ pilots or their company. Good luck to all ya'll hard working pilots at each and every frac.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1210018#post1210018

I was hired just under 6,000 hours total time. I was the low time guy out of 6 of us. The class average was around 9,000 tt. Everyone in that class will be looking to upgrade in seniority order within the first 12 months.

No shortcuts for us and no shortcuts for you.

Realistic pay; I don't know. I get $2.00 per hour for seven days of a trip that happens twice a month. 24 x 7 x 2 x 2 = 672. Add that to your salary, subtract tax, fica, health ins, and that's the pay. ya get paid every other week. Direct deposit too.

The latest 560XL upgrades have went to seniority numbers with less than 2 years with NJA.

Last edited:
Question about netjets

I recently applied to netjets about two weeks ago. I sent my resume in with a cover letter. Currently hold just under 5000 TT with 1100 PIC turbine/check airman. Two questions??? Is this competitive and 2??? How long does it take to receive an application. I understand not everyone gets an application form. Do they base their decisions on flight time. I currently fly a BE1900D.
I appreciate any help with these questions.

Fly safe and have a super day.

I recently applied to netjets about two weeks ago. I sent my resume in with a cover letter. Currently hold just under 5000 TT with 1100 PIC turbine/check airman. Two questions??? Is this competitive and 2??? How long does it take to receive an application. I understand not everyone gets an application form. Do they base their decisions on flight time. I currently fly a BE1900D.
I appreciate any help with these questions.

Fly safe and have a super day.

Don't ever discount the fact you are flying a BE-1900. Be proud of it... flying it is more demanding that a jet.

Your flight time is right on (IMO) to be "competitive". I use the word in relative terms since only recruitment truly knows what cometitive is.

No, "they" do not only look at flight time. There is a squirrelly simulator exam (should be no problem for your hand flown, instrument competency level), personal interviews and some written tests administered over your home computer.

Good luck!

this is how it hapened fpr me, long wait but worth it.
DAL was my first choice.
sent resume 6/8
recieved app 6/28
sent app 7/1
App accepted 2/28
interviewed 12/6&7
class 4/16 in the U-boat

App accepted 11/7
Just got the invite today. 01/15
Interview dates avail feb27/28 or feb28/mar01
email said they are hireing into all domiciles

Latest resources