Who is still waiting for NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does the domicile system work?

You're hired into one of the 5 current domiciles -- which one you're assigned is part of your job offer, so you'll know when you accept or decline it. Bases are CMH, PBI, LAX, DAL, and TEB. When you start a work week, you'll know by 6pm the night before what time you'll need to report to your base, and what you're doing. Report as directed. That's it.

Even as a "reserve" pilot, you'll still know if/when you're working the next day by 6pm, so you can plan accordingly. You can live anywhere you want, and it's up to you to get to the domicile. (Some guys who are on the 7-on/7-off schedule will buy a discount airline ticket well ahead of time to arrive the night before, since they know what days they're working. I'm about a 2.5 hour drive away from my base, so I just do that.)

I recently applied to netjets about two weeks ago. I sent my resume in with a cover letter. Currently hold just under 5000 TT with 1100 PIC turbine/check airman. Two questions??? Is this competitive and 2??? How long does it take to receive an application. I understand not everyone gets an application form. Do they base their decisions on flight time. I currently fly a BE1900D.

A 1900D is not a bad thing at all. I know of a lot of NJA pilots who came from the 1900D, including myself. So don't feel that your background in the mighty Beech is a detriment. In fact, Derinda came to NJA from a regional that operated 1900's, so she well understands where you are coming from.

As for your specific questions, your flight time is competitive and being a check airman should be a plus and give you something else to talk about during the interview. As for getting an app, keep submitting updates online if you don't receive an app fairly quickly. Also, internal recommendations are a plus.

Good luck to you.

I submitted an resume 8 days later had application sent it back 7 days later email accepting it next day interview date and I interviewed yesterday. Derinda said competitive times are meeting minimums. I have 3200 TT and it was a great experience. LAX first choice for me. 2nd was CMH. Still waiting to hear. THey said they are hiring for all domiciles between now and April. There will be three classes. Also pretty much every airplane except BBJ, & Falcon.

Sent app back on 10/31. Got email saying we will contact you for a interview in the near future on 11/27. I'm still waiting.

Sent app back on 10/31. Got email saying we will contact you for a interview in the near future on 11/27. I'm still waiting.

What domicile or domiciles did you say you were willing to accept?

What domicile or domiciles did you say you were willing to accept?

I live in the DFW area so I put DAL. But I did choose the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th choice selection. I figured that if I only checked 1st choice I would not be following directions b/c it said to check your 1st-5th choice. When I interview some day hopefully soon, I will only take DAL as my base.

I recieved an interview invite last week, replied diretly to the email about which dates I could accept, and have yet to hear anything back. Anybody remember how long it took? The email said as quickly as possible.
Thanks
RCA

I waited 7 months before the interview e-mail came. Hope it won't be that long for you, but it's worth the wait!

Latest resources

Back