Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is Skywest pilot in Utah who was in USAToday Editorials on FRI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a baby.... I hope he is acting, if not he deserves being dumped on.

No wonder the one woman had a fling with a staff member on the show..... who would'nt cheat on some guy that cries? Seems he needs to grab em' and be a man instead of a big baby.

Wait a minute. I don't think you're allowed to call someone "dumb" for a quote he made in the paper. Then on the page thread page, admit to watching the Bachelor.
Just turn in your man card.

Sorry not to live up to your stereotype, General, but I like the pretty girls, not the softball players. I'll leave the biker chicks for you, k? *smooches*

I was right! Ah yeah, that was too easy. Do you also have a mullet?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Did anyone read what he stated about "experience" levels? He claimed a regional pilot who flies into mountain towns with short runways and "2 miles visability" have more "experience" than mainline pilots who fly LAX to JFK. Say WHAT?

They do have more experience...of flying into short strips in the mountains with 2mi vis. I don't see what that has to do with the bulk of mainline flying, though. Until United or Delta start flying into Kremmling, CO, the short-strip-in-the-mountains experience probably won’t mean too much to the majors.

If the experience he spoke of really mattered THAT MUCH, then the freight guys who do it SP in MU2’s/226's/227's/1900's would be a hot commodity in the 121 world.

I'll tell you what he will be: a lifer at Skywest. Did anyone read what he stated about "experience" levels? He claimed a regional pilot who flies into mountain towns with short runways and "2 miles visability" have more "experience" than mainline pilots who fly LAX to JFK. Say WHAT? I am glad he gave his full name too, that is one less guy I have to compete with to get my future legacy job. Talk about a bonehead move. A friend of mine at a legacy already said people there were posting that editorial comment on the wall of the crew lounge. He better get used to living in Utah for the rest of his life, and getting some "Big Love" action. LOL!

Grow up- yeah, Im sure mainline actually gives a ******************** about this.

More experienced, no. A more challenging job, absolutely.

Did he talk to congress? What did he say? Tell me, tell me, I need to know. Was he on TV? What did he say, you have to tell me now, I can't wait!!
I guess he must be pretty important if he went before Congress. So Heidi Fleiss. What exactly did Prater get done? Seriously, what was his point for being there? What did he do?

He testified about a half dozen times before the senate and house. He talked about training, screening, qualifications, professionalism, rest requirements, etc. He was on TV if you want to count CSPAN. Is he important? Apparently congress thinks he is.

And even though you were being sarcastic, my point was that he doesn't only talk to a magazine as you said.

He testified about a half dozen times before the senate and house. He talked about training, screening, qualifications, professionalism, rest requirements, etc. He was on TV if you want to count CSPAN. Is he important? Apparently congress thinks he is.

And even though you were being sarcastic, my point was that he doesn't only talk to a magazine as you said.

Oh, so he only appeared in front of Congress after the Colgan crash. Why not before? Probably because congress was more worried about baseball and steroids than the pilots. Congress only cares after an accident like that, then as the time passes they worry about other issues.

Guess who else they talked to? Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, just another line pilot. Let's me ask you this, who do you think made a bigger impact on the issue? I don't remember seeing the media showing Praters remarks. No, instead they highlighted the guy who actually has accomplished his own successful business on the side of his flying, who has dedicated his time to make aviation safer (This all before he sat on ALPA's safety chair) then landed an airplane in the Hudson.
They didn't care what the guy who is collecting a big fat check, just to make public appearances in his uniform.
If you think Government cares about what the president of an association has to say, you must be mistaken. Gov. has allowed the demise of union pilots when judges allowed those contracts to be thrown out, and pay to be cut.

Grow up- yeah, Im sure mainline actually gives a ******************** about this.

More experienced, no. A more challenging job, absolutely.

If you read the guy's editorial post, he makes NO mention of all the past experience attained by the mainline people, which probably flew in those same type of conditions that he flies in regularly, and then states that regional pilots have more experience. Maybe the mainline pilots were ex-military, getting shot at when this guy was still pooping in his diapers. Maybe the mainline guys were Captains at "commuters" flying a lot more legs per day without the help he gets with an FMS in his RJ? His editorial was poorly written, and that is because this pilot has a small mind, and can't see that pilots just don't get hired directly into mainline from places like Empty Nipple. But, they do get hired directly into regionals from there, which can make it interesting probably. Going from a Duchess to an RJ must be a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
If you read the guys editorial post, he makes NO mention of all the past experience the mainline people had flying those same type of conditions he flies in regularly, and then states that regional pilots have more experience. It was poorly written, and that is because the pilot has a small mind, and can't see that pilots just don't get hired directly into mainline from places like Empty Nipple. But, they do get hired directly into regionals, which can make it interesting probably. Enjoy!

Bye Bye--General Lee
Says the guy who's ego is threatened by what a lowly regional pilot said. You are part of a very small group who actually care what this guy said.
Just because you get offended so easily doesn't mean others do as well. Most have a life and just look past the goofy comments.
Target has a sale going on, buy 1 get 1 free on pacifiers, you'd look good with pink.

Says the guy who's ego is threatened by what a lowly regional pilot said. You are part of a very small group who actually care what this guy said.
Just because you get offended so easily doesn't mean others do as well. Most have a life and just look past the goofy comments.
Target has a sale going on, buy 1 get 1 free on pacifiers, you'd look good with pink.

My ego is threatened? Riiiight. I agree with the original poster, this guy put his name out there for future employers to see, in a National publication. Very dumb. And what really is amusing, is that you can't seem to understand that. You keep brushing it off, placating it. I think you know him, and want this under the rug. (like your toupee) It is obvious, and this whole thread is academic---teaching people to watch what they say in public using your own name. Now, go back to Judge Judy and your bowl of raisins.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back