• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is going to take the Qs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
United says they are going to an Existing United Express carrier. Commutair, republic, Mesa, Skywest, TSA?

Keep the $.02.... no SkyWest....going overseas

IMO it will not stay in the US.

United has already decided to place the aircraft with another UAX regional.

We are working with Colgan to transition their flying for United Express to other carriers, and are working hard to accommodate our customers. We have contingency plans in place and will contact any customer whose reservation may change as a result of the transition.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7226/7040954397_6cf1c1773c.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't a problem still exist about Scope and the Combined Carriers in terms of the Q400's?

United has already decided to place the aircraft with another UAX regional.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7226/7040954397_6cf1c1773c.jpg

I read that yesterday but I don't believe it til I see it. Those airplanes will be gone by the end of the year, what airline can start a trainning program and gear up for 30+ Q's that quick. Look how long it took Compass to get start up the E jet program and get all of 36 airplanes. If it was already announce that will go to xxx regional already then I could believe it.

OO could do it but word on the street is that Jerry doesn't want 'em - that and pilots refused the pay-scale offered.

I read that yesterday but I don't believe it til I see it. Those airplanes will be gone by the end of the year, what airline can start a trainning program and gear up for 30+ Q's that quick. Look how long it took Compass to get start up the E jet program and get all of 36 airplanes. If it was already announce that will go to xxx regional already then I could believe it.

If SkyWest is interested, they've already prepared the program and have it approved. I remember the first incarnation of the ExpressJet purchase, the E145 program was already approved and in place prior to the offer. No one knew anything about it until the announcement was made.

I have been hearing for months that our MX department has been sending people to Q400 school. Most people thought it was about Horizon...maybe not.

One thing I know for sure is that what ever happens with the Colgan/Mesaba contracts and aircraft, the executives of all interested airlines have known about all of this for a long time and are prepared. Perhaps even longer than Menke has been at the helm of Pinnacle.

OO could do it but word on the street is that Jerry doesn't want 'em - that and pilots refused the pay-scale offered.

If you're talking about the SAPA Forums post, Jerry personally told me one thing and four days later the EXACT opposite happened (AirTran).

The fact that we refused 50 seat pay for the Q is irrelevant. If he wants them, they will be here and we'll fly them for whatever he wants to pay -- just like the 700s.

Latest resources

Back