Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is Freedom and Why are they in my Backyard?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8tor4239 said:
I know the severity of the lable of being a SCAB. I am curious.. What is the difference of crossing a picket line, and doing what Freedom "bus Drivers" (I wont call them pilots) do, what a scab does.. RUIN CONTRACTS AND RUIN LIVES

Are all you telling me that a Freedom bus driver would not cross a picket line.. COME ON.. THE JOB THEY TOOK WAS SOLELY CREATED TO BYPASS AND UNDERCUT CONTRACTS! Specifically the Mesa contract. Now ASA, CONCESSIONAIR (Comair) oh yeah, they were looking out for themselves, chitaco, and skywest are in the same boat that Mesa was in when FREEDOM was founded! Their contracts are vulnerable because these WHORES are willing to do it cheaper and with alot less class than we can!

These Freedom guys and spit-tails are nothing but embryonic SCABS in my book!

BRING IT

I, for one, will be glad when that vessel in your brain blows and you go away. Dang! like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Sorry folks. I know he's one of ours but, I didn't hire him.

Ignorant people like you should post less and read more...

you might learn something...it could happen.:rolleyes:

av8tor4239 said:
I know the severity of the lable of being a SCAB. I am curious.. What is the difference of crossing a picket line, and doing what Freedom "bus Drivers" (I wont call them pilots) do, what a scab does.. RUIN CONTRACTS AND RUIN LIVES

Are all you telling me that a Freedom bus driver would not cross a picket line.. COME ON.. THE JOB THEY TOOK WAS SOLELY CREATED TO BYPASS AND UNDERCUT CONTRACTS! Specifically the Mesa contract. Now ASA, CONCESSIONAIR (Comair) oh yeah, they were looking out for themselves, chitaco, and skywest are in the same boat that Mesa was in when FREEDOM was founded! Their contracts are vulnerable because these WHORES are willing to do it cheaper and with alot less class than we can!

These Freedom guys and spit-tails are nothing but embryonic SCABS in my book!

BRING IT

Wow.............., I'm still in awe from your classiness...........impressive.......
;)
Obviously you do NOT understand the definition of a scab - someone that crosses a picket line and performs work in the place of people on strike. There was no strike at Mesa. There was no picket line to cross. Therefore they are not scabs. Would they have crossed a picket line if they had the chance...who knows? Some say they would not have...others don't bring it up. I choose not to be hateful and bitter. The person that I am really frustrated with is JO.

They did not "ruin" my life. I still have a job and make a good living supporting a wife and two kids. What they (speaking of the Mesa pilots who chose to go to Freedumb - NOT the new hires) did do was make it difficult/impossible for us to focus our contract negotiations on pay and quality of life issues and instead use most all of our bargaining power to focus on scope issues.

I suspect the effects of Freedumb will not ruin your life either. Guys like you that whine and b!tch and have probably only been in the industry a few years or less are annoying. You speak as if the world owes you something, anything. Stop playing the victim...it's pathetic and it gets old fast. The airline industry is first and foremost a BUSINESS with the goal of making money. Money for whom? Now that is a good question and a whole other topic.

MAG pilots are not the cause of Delta and DCI's problems now, nor will they be in the future. Delta is in REALLY bad shape financially (the sooner you realize this, and act gratefully for what you do have, the better) and they are simply looking to keep costs contained. It's not personal - it's business.

Get over yourself...the world does not revolve around you. B!tch less, be happy and have a good life. Best wishes in your career.

Spiff

crj579 said:
Freedom is Mesa just like Air Midwest is Mesa. Just different certificate. Same pilots and same seniority list. Just continue bashing Freedom keeping in mind you are bashing all the pilots at Mesa.

Nothing wrong with that. Mesa management and the dumbazz pilots that voted for that garbage contract should just go take a long walk off a short pier. Mesa is a cancer to this industry.

Every time I deadhead on Mesa the service sucks. The FA makes US look so bad with their sh*tty appearance and attitude.

Last edited:
I thinks its funny how all the Mesa, CHQ and TSA pilots are all crying about another pilot group undercutting them to get some flying - isn't this the same thing thay Mesa, CHQ and TSA have been famous for in regaurds to the pilots at the WO airlines of US Air, Delta and AA? Now you get to experience the same sh*t that you have doled out for years.

Confused here....

exagony said:
I thinks its funny how all the Mesa, CHQ and TSA pilots are all crying about another pilot group undercutting them to get some flying - isn't this the same thing thay Mesa, CHQ and TSA have been famous for in regaurds to the pilots at the WO airlines of US Air, Delta and AA? Now you get to experience the same sh*t that you have doled out for years.

Another pilot group undercutting them? Did I say that another pilot group undercut us at Mesa (can't speak for the rest)? (No, I did not. Read the post again if you care to.) I don't remember hearing that from any other Mesa pilot either.

If you are referring to my comments about Freedumb, actually I think the original Freedumb pilot payrates were slightly better than the payrates at Mesa (I'd have to check that out to be sure). It was not a matter of under-bidding us (a concern, yes, but minor in comparison)...it was that we at Mesa were left with greatly reduced bargaining power in what we hoped would be our first good contract.

No crying here though. Sorry to disappoint you.:)

Another example of extreme class

CRJDog said:
Nothing wrong with that. Mesa management and the dumbazz pilots that voted for that garbage contract should just go take a long walk off a short pier. Mesa is a cancer to this industry.

Every time I deadhead on Mesa the service sucks. The FA makes US look so bad with their sh*tty appearance and attitude.

I can understand your anger and frustration. I am guessing that you work for PSA (or some other part of US Airways). You guys have had a pretty bad ride the last several years.

So are you saying that if Mesa had not ever become a US Airways Express affiliate that the industry would be all peachy keen? Or maybe just US Airways would have lived happily ever after...yeah that's it. Mesa is out to ruin your life, right?

As for Mesa management, yeah JO can be a real a$$ (who should know better than us)...but, he's our a$$ and his ambition is keeping our company heading towards bigger and better things...or maybe glorious smokin' hole...we'll see.

The majority of Mesa pilots voted for a contract that we thought was necessary to secure our jobs. It was far short of what we had hoped for. Maybe our expectations were too high...who knows. It's not really any of your business though, is it?

Most Mesa FAs are inexperienced and poorly trained. The turnover rate is astronomical I'm sure. There are many that do a great job though. Some of our experienced FAs are in PHX. Your point is well taken, however it sounds like you're not exactly an objective judge.

My few experiences non-reving on PSA way back when I was on the US Airways side of the company (still have the full uniform) were all very pleasant. The Do-328 was a comfortable ride and the FAs were professional and friendly.

Spiff

SpacemanSpiff said:
As for Mesa management, yeah JO can be a real a$$ (who should know better than us)...but, he's our a$$ and his ambition is keeping our company heading towards bigger and better

So do we take this statement to mean that part of you approves of JO's plan of undercutting every other regional airline out there with his "lowest costs"
(as long as the growth benefits you it's OK right?)

This is a BUSINESS right?

When you talk about undercutting...what is wrong with undercutting? The airline industry is a business right? Don't give me this "brotherhood of pilots" crap. Does American want Delta in business? Does SWA want US Airways to go under? SWA is waiting with a thick wallet full of cash for US Airways demise.

Doesn't SWA undercut other airlines? You think that SWA pilots were always the highest paid pilots in the industry? People used to say a lot of the same things about SWA pilots...they work for peanuts...they fly more and get paid less...blah blah blah. Is Mesa the next SWA? Almost certainly not - JO is smart, but his management style will come back to haunt him sooner or later.

If you are asking me if I want the company that I work for (MESA) to succeed - then the answer is YES! Do I want them to succeed in legal and ethical ways - of course. So, what is your point?

DeltaLima21 said:
*To the originator of this thread, I advise you to get educated on the CURRENT Freedom Airlines situation. It will save yourself the embarrassment of looking like a complete moron. I sometimes wonder how anybody could make it this far lacking the professionalism, and minimal education to make a sound post. Obviously you have chosen to hide behind a screen name to seek your answers, good luck with getting the right ones!

Too late. If you have read any of his other posts you'd already know he was a moron.

Spaceman Spiff:

You are the perfect example of why this business is in the TOILET.. YOU are willing to do the job cheaper than the next guy.. Then someone comes in and does the job cheaper than you, and because you are spineless you bend over for your managment and do it cheaper than the guy that undercut you!

TOILET BOWL SPIN TO THE BOTTOM THANKS TO JERK OFFS LIKE YOU.

At what point will you say HELL NO? Or are you willing to work for FREE?

As far as being a scab.... You are right by the definition of SCAB :"One that crosses the pickett line." Although you have not had the opportunity to cross yet, (I can tell your spineless being is salavating at the chance) I strongly believe you would. I believe this way because of the actions of you and your pilot groups for the past DECADE! All you have done is moved into established markests and undercut the guy that was currently performing the job. Therefore I call you and the freedom pilots embrionic scabs.. They are not quite scabs yet, but their actions of today represent their intentions of tomorrow given the opportunity!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back