Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is Freedom and Why are they in my Backyard?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rook said:
Now do the guys that interview at TSA have a choice on whether or not to go to the GoJet op? Or does every new hire coming on board there go straight to Gojets?

Rook

I just interviewed at TSA, and I asked the interviewer if the positions were for TSA or GoJet. He replied that he only worked for TSA. That made me feel a little bit more assured that I'm going to the right company, I may be desperate for a job but I'm sure as he!! not desperate enough to go to BlowJet.

drag said:
Sure is odd to see so many angry RJ pilots in regards to Freedom, TSA, and Gojet. These same pilots that accuse Mesa of "selling their soul" are the same types that gladly take mainline jobs away w/ 70 and 90 seaters. They fight against mainline scope, join the RJDC, hate flowbacks, and now bitch that someone will undercut their flying. Talk about greedy.

Good Post... plenty of self gratification on these forums.

*To the originator of this thread, I advise you to get educated on the CURRENT Freedom Airlines situation. It will save yourself the embarrassment of looking like a complete moron. I sometimes wonder how anybody could make it this far lacking the professionalism, and minimal education to make a sound post. Obviously you have chosen to hide behind a screen name to seek your answers, good luck with getting the right ones!

crj579 said:
Freedom is Mesa just like Air Midwest is Mesa. Just different certificate. Same pilots and same seniority list. Just continue bashing Freedom keeping in mind you are bashing all the pilots at Mesa.

No, I think he was bashing the Freedom scumbags that underbid (wow) the Mesa pilots and went around the union to give a reacharound to Jonny O. Why in the hell ALPA let these self serving dickholes in I have no idea. Actually I do...but it still sucks.

Why would someone go to fly for Freedom?

In 2001/2002 a lot of pilots were recently furloughed from various majors and ALPA did virtually nothing for them. Line pilots at their previous employers still flew the contractual maximum, sold back vacation, flew negative bank, etc. ALPA said nothing... except, "Don't fly for Freedom Air".

Well geez ALPA. We've got families to feed. You going to pay my mortgage? No? You going to do ANYTHING to mitigate the number or duration of the furloughs? No? You going to continue to pay furloughee medical? No? You going to stop the continual outsourcing of narrow-body jobs? No?

Nope. The answer we got was, "This ain't the post office son." or, "you'll be senior someday son." or, (my personal favorite,) "quit whining and go get another job!".

Well, ultimately I didn't go to Freedom. The threats from ALPA were enough to scare me away -- but I learned an awful lot about the association in the process.

Its not a union. Its not a brotherhood. It's a loose association with a simple unspoken motto: "I've got mine. Screw You."

ALPA exists for one reason -- to make money. It is a corporation. A fraternal organization that caters to those who have the deepest pockets. Trying to change it internally (by volunteering) or externally (by sueing them) is akin to changing the course of the Titanic with a paddle. Better to just abandon ship before you get sucked down with it.

-Bobbing westward in a Garrett powered life preserver

av8tor4239 said:
HEY DELTA MGMT: HOW BOUT YOU STOP LINING YOUR POCKETS WITH BONUSES, AND INVEST THE MONEY IN YOUR COMPANY FOR SUCCESS! MAKE YOUR CUSTOMER HAPPY, MAKE YOUR EMPLOYEES HAPPY, AND YOU WILL GET YOURS!

This is the clear difference between the "legacy" carriers and LCCs like Southwest. Legacy carriers will never change their "attitude" towards employee relations. They want them all fighting and want the lowest bidding war. SWA on the other hand: Employees first.

Freedum

I think we'd all be better off if Mesa had let Freedum die once all of the jets were brought back under the Mesa certificate. But Mesa didn't, it put one or two B1900s on the cert to keep it alive, and to make Mesa marketable to a carrier like Delta.

Lets not forget: Delta is doing the 'end-around' on the scope. Mesa is the vehicle.
Delta is the bad guy here, not Mesa.

Your comment indicates that you believe that Mesa pilots had something to do with the survival of Freedom. In fact you're full of s$it and it really shows how no one has any clue why Freedom was created, or why it survived with a B1900 up in New Mexico.

In fact, at my airline, the pilot group has nothing to do with operating certificates. That's stuff for management. What management does with their airplanes and their staffing levels, like I'm sure it says in your contract too is THEIR business.

Were we all furious when we would out the certificate was surviving on a loophole? Yes.

Could we do anything about it? No.

Some idiots will never die. Especially the ones with a F8 Badge.

bitememesa said:
Your comment indicates that you believe that Mesa pilots had something to do with the survival of Freedom. In fact you're full of s$it and it really shows how no one has any clue why Freedom was created, or why it survived with a B1900 up in New Mexico.

In fact, at my airline, the pilot group has nothing to do with operating certificates. That's stuff for management. What management does with their airplanes and their staffing levels, like I'm sure it says in your contract too is THEIR business.

Were we all furious when we would out the certificate was surviving on a loophole? Yes.

Could we do anything about it? No.

Some idiots will never die. Especially the ones with a F8 Badge.

Revenge of the F8 Cert. This is Johnny pump & dump's way of saying "FUKK ALPA and FUKK YOU!!!" He is a sociopath and out of control. Instead of the Mesa MEC drawing the line they are busy justifying the Mesa syndicate, JO, and his thugs. Delta is in bed with a real freak this time!

Mesa is willing to routinely stick their noses where it doesn't belong. From the Eastern seaboard to the Hawaiian Islands JO is making enemies faster than he can tro it in and pull back out.

I'm not into the Delta/DCI politics but you guys got a real wild card thrown on the table now.

drag said:
Sure is odd to see so many angry RJ pilots in regards to Freedom, TSA, and Gojet. These same pilots that accuse Mesa of "selling their soul" are the same types that gladly take mainline jobs away w/ 70 and 90 seaters. They fight against mainline scope, join the RJDC, hate flowbacks, and now bitch that someone will undercut their flying. Talk about greedy.

Don't so stereotyping and lump all the regional pilots into that group. We don't all want to stay at a regional for our whole career, nor fly a 70 or 90 seater at the regional level.

<-- At least one pilot who would like to fly a 90-110 seater at mainline for a mainline wage.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back