• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who here supports FAA drug policy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah! Let's let those who fly planes and fix them be under the influence of whatever they want. This isn't the only industry with mandatory drug testing. It's there for a reason. Metal detectors are there for a reason. Seat belts are there for a reason. Get over it!

I can't smoke- but weed ought to be legal - same rules as alcohol- just don't show up high. It's way more docile than liquor and a huge double standard that it remains illegal. Legalize and tax.
But sorry- the heavier stuff i'd only like to see the consequences change from jail to hard core rehab-but illegal nonetheless. And certainly not anywhere close to an airplane~
this article seems to be more about the militancy of the process- pretty rough-but if your name gets chosen- do not pass go- headstraight to the test- a small price for a job like ours.

Last edited:
Yeah! Let's let those who fly planes and fix them be under the influence of whatever they want. This isn't the only industry with mandatory drug testing. It's there for a reason. Metal detectors are there for a reason. Seat belts are there for a reason. Get over it!

Did you even read the article?

I think we need to do random drugtest on the politicians and install CVRs, Chamber Voice Recorders, which can be pulled in case there are doubts about lobbyist and back room deals.

But that's just me!

Well said- expand cspan to the backrooms and we can talk about cvr access against us

This is a case that needs to be thrown out. It is the collector's fault. The form is the only time/place that you by signature acknowledge what a refusal is. It sounds like that was not the case here.

Sounds like the collector should have thier license revoked. But I bet there is more to the story, like the FSDO has a hair up its butt for this medical examiner or something.

Latest resources

Back