• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who here supports FAA drug policy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My beef is that it amounts to 'unreasonable search'. If there is no cause to believe someone is under the influence, how can one be compelled to submit to what amounts to a search for drugs within your person?

Somehow, since we've chosen this (or any) profession, the fourth ammendment to U.S. Constitution, no longer applies.

Still, the ACLU screams at the very idea that we should test those who live off of our earnings.

i dont'- i like a lot of what the aclu does- but if you're on welfare -- drug tests are a-ok with me. disability is a bit more complicated- a bad enough disability and i might be a pot head- but then again i think pot should be legal ...

Wavey Gravy, I completely agree wif boff your posts. Don't think this will be habit forming, or a gateway to future agreement in thought word or deed, mate!

I don't have a problem with the current policy.

I smoke a ********************load of pot.....but, like Billy Clinton says, I don't inhale!

I just like the taste!

....never failed a pissed-in-cup test....

This is America and our drug policy is wrong in my opinion. I say legalize ALL drugs for ADULTS and let the private sector work it out with exceptions. If you fly planes, drive trains/semis/buses and the like then there should be a govt law that prohibits drug use. Schools should drug test. But as for the rest, let employers or insurance companies decide. If one is a librarian or painter, who cares what they do in their free time. If Microsoft does not want their employees to do drugs then let them have that perogative and let them do testing. Instead of worrying about going to jail for smoking some dope, you just have to worry about your employment or insurance. Jails emptied, hoodlums on street corners go onto the next crime of the day instead of drugs. What is going on right now is not working. Illegals forming huge drug syndicates using gangs...MI-13 and the such are thriving under the current policy and it is innocent Americans that are paying the price when caught in the crossfire. Billions of dollars are dumped down an endless hole and the only winners are the budgets of the DEA and the coffers of the drug kingpins. Rules on alcohol/cigarettes seem to work fairly well. Just look what happened to the bootlegger gangs after prohibition ended. Use a fraction of the money being spent now and saturate the airwaves with don't use drug messages and open treatment and rehab clinics.

Those that say drugs can be dangerous are correct but who is govt to tell a private citizen what they can and cannot do? Alcohol, sky diving, rock climbing and cheerleading are all dangerous. Driving to work can be dangerous. If you are no harm to the general public then I think you should be free to proceed with your life how you see fit. Sure people will OD. They are the same ones who are doing it now. Call it natural selection if you will. But if you OD, then make it clear you will pay your hospital bill and if you can't then you are doing community service out the ying yang.

Rant over.

Agreed. Prosecuting, convicting and housing pot smokers is a waste of resources. Taxing it and regulating it makes much more sense, IMHO.

Funn thing is, some illicit drugs are less dangerous than those condoned by the FDA. There's a huge range of pharmaceuticals which are much worse than a little pot or say LCD for that matter.

Mamma-
I agree- there are kinks to work out- but overall that's very well said-

Latest resources

Back