• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who here has the most Dual Given?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Webmaster........I think I saw that lady profiled on some show like "Inside Edition" They had her doing spins and all kind of crazy stuff at 67 years old.

By the way I only have about 1100 dual given. Hated it while I was doing it, but now looking back some of the best experiences I have had while flying.

Edna Gardner Whyte

She probably taught the Wright Brothers how to fly. :D Not really - Edna started flying in the late 20s or something and was still instructing into her 80s. No idea how much instruction she gave. She was also a well-known air racer. I believe she operated her own airport north of Dallas or something like that. I don't know if Edna is still alive - she may have died a few years ago. Paul Harvey ran a "Rest of the Story" on Edna several years ago.

Anyone know if Edna Gardner Whyte is still alive?

Last edited:
Obviously I'm not the highest, but put me down for about 1100hrs. And I didn't do it because I got stuck in the early 90s. I actually had fun, and miss bumming around at country airports in a Cub more than anything.

Hmmm... Nowhere near the most, but 1679 dual given, all in the airplane, all in singles.

The reason I bothered to post is to mention another interesting thing. I have over 3200 hours, almost half of it instructing as you can see, but I have zero point zero hours in taildraggers. I'd like to see who has the most total time with NO taildragger time!

I have 3,500 hours of dual given with 1,300 in a level C or D Simulator.

I have also taught under AQP, the best thing that ever happened to Airline training since the Sim.

I would love to teach the Airbus Sim when things start to pick up again.

Taildragger time

I don't have hour one in taildraggers. Wish I had some time in 'em. Everything I have are in flying milk stools of one form or another.

Me = 0

One of the FlightSafety academy instructor/check airmen has over 26,000 hours total, and over 19,000 hours dual given when he gave me 2 of my checkrides. And all 26,000 hours is in singles and light twins!

>>>And all 26,000 hours is in singles and light twins!<<<

I'll bet this guy has some stories to tell!!

Latest resources

Back