• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who had the C-750 mishap @JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had the same problem on the same type of plane. We were at altitude on a short flight (VNY-SJC). We did declare the emergency early. We did use the hand brake, and we did stop (and deplane) on the runway. It really was a no-brainer, but we did have a little more time to think about it. The checklist is short, but if they needed more time, they could have flown around to think and talk about this. And always Declare the Emergency.

why would you land at JFK when you know you have a serious maintenance issue, the Citation service center is a few miles away?

Last edited:
I dunno? Maybe 'cause you have no hydraulics and the runway at JFK's only about 68,000 feet long.

But then they still botched it up, so maybe they really should have gone to SWF.

Yeah.....

9/27 at SWF is only 2 miles long....

They casually asked if 13R was available, which is something like 14000 feet long. Tower said no, so they accepted 13L (declaring an emergency would have helped them there!), which has a landing distance available of under 10K. But, if they went off the side of the runway, it really doesn't matter how long the thing was...they needed a wider runway...

With a Cessna repair facility

Exactly my point...and if you do run off the runway in SWF there may be a tiny blip in the local paper, and you interrupt maybe 1 aircraft operation. Go off the runway at JFK and....well you know.....

Fuel shouldn't have been an issue. Nobody takes off on a flight of that length from their home base and say - "...we'll just fill 'er up when we get to JFK..."

And I know from experience what a complete nightmare it is trying to get maintenance done at JFK - they make it all but impossible.

But from everything else I see, the crew didn't thing "a" side fluid loss was that big of a deal, and their actions reflect that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back