Who files your flight plans?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some Dude said:
Wow dispatcher that was your best post yet. I do applaud the fact that you are trying to make your job more accurate. Thanks for the info. How many flights do you have to do a day? I was told 50 to 60 a day. Is that right?

That's about right. Some days more some days less.

Coo!!!!!!!

dsptchrNJA said:
Years ago the pilots were doing their own. NJA started a dispatch department in 1999 with about a dozen part 121 licensed dispatchers. We've come a long way since then. Today we have over 30 dispatchers filing over 600+ flight plans a day and an Airspace/Noise desk with two ex-controller, licensed dispatchers who manage ATC liason and management. Right now we flight plan and file part 91, 91k, and 135 flights and later this year 121 supplemental for our NJLA program. If you have any questions call the company and ask for the airspace desk, they'll be happy to talk to you.

Hey, Thumbs ups....DISPATCHERS UNITE!!!!

Got a Question

zbwmy said:
Being a Center controller, I am interested in who files the flight plans for the fractionals? Years ago we used to think EJA pilots were doing their own.
Is this function contracted out or does each company have their own dispatchers doing it?
How often are our Flight Plans acutally "Filed As Planned". From what i hear most of them are changed during clearence. What do you know??
Thanks

Some Dude said:
Controller when you see us with a flight plan for a cruise altitude of FL390 between TEB and HPN you know the pilots didn't file it. Oh yea when you try to clear us over the water route but we tell you that we need a reroute over land it's because the pilots have to fly a LEGAL route. We didn't file the flight plan. So please be patient.

Truth is the our dispatch at "Exec Jet" is overworked and understaffed. Bascially they only have time to flie the plan not much time to prepare a proper flight plan.

So if you see us filed through a level 6 squall line to a closed airport please be patient with our request for a reroute.

Im with ya. My limited experience within the compnay tells me that yes we are dispatchers however with a great emphasis on the Dis-(PATCH) part..does that make any sense?

You must be one of the unhappy ones!

Tommy Boy said:
I'm with Dep676. It sucks. Wrong airport, wrong altitude, wrong times, not there at all.....
And by the way...the only reason the company is trying this 'file our flight plans for us' routine...so they can give us shorter turn times.

Love the Optimizium...if the plans are so bad file'um yourself, just let the Dispatchers know before had so that we can reduce our overworked load!!!
Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back