• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who cares about sh!$$y RAL buying F9

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a big deal and is a totally different game than ACA. First most of the Connection contracts are totally different than they were in 2001. Fact is that most of us are looking at the definition of a domestic air carrier and if RAH is in fact in violation. Fact is that it would be gray at best.
RAH wants to join Star. Well, that is a totally different game then too. If they join they get a JV. Scope work around in a nut shell. It also does a few other things. They sell their own code, and the game changes again.

The problem with this is, it will bite the hand that has fed them, but they are being very smart about it. I do not see them taking a 318 et al and running it from say MKE to ATL. The DEN-ATL route was there for F9, but putting the jet on a competing route with an airline they have a DCI or other connection agreement would be suicide. They will wait to do that after they are out of the woods. As it stands now, I think that they have everyone where they want em. You really have a thin legal basis for canceling a contract. They know it and they know you know it. Brian will be very careful, not to hurt these deals too soon.
DAL had to have knowledge that RAH was going to buy MEH. Thinking otherwise is foolish. Either way, RAH need to decide if they are going to be a big airline or a small one. They will not be able to compete with the likes of DAL, UAUA. WN, CAL and AAI with those 170's. It is a OK jet, but people will go else where. It is time for RAH and Brian Bedford to make a move or lie down. He has a up side and a very steep downside to any move he makes.

UAL, DAL, AA and CAL all started out as "small regional" airlines....Why is everyone surprised that this is happening? My guess is that Jerry is watching and taking notes...

I have overheard a few Repubic pilots stating they are glad they will be off RSV and flying the Airbus in a few months. I hope the F9 guys put the brakes on the operation and make Brian B regret his decision. Didn't that guy go to jail for fraud at one point?

SRJ, do you know how many people have posted what you just posted. Try coming up with something a little more origninal at least. Nice try though.

Time will tell what is going to happen with F9.

Last edited:
UAL, DAL, AA and CAL all started out as "small regional" airlines....Why is everyone surprised that this is happening? My guess is that Jerry is watching and taking notes...

Jerry probably does not need to take notes. This was and is his game plan. He has not moved on it since it probably is the wrong time. I see Jerry as a lot smarter than his counterpart.

Problem is Joe, that this has been done before. Kind of like LCC's It can only be replaced with success so many times before a change it direction is needed.

I see this being a long road for them. In reality the best option is to keep things the way they are.
I have talked to a few of the RAH guys that they are exticed as they should be. All I say is remember your fellow pilots that were at other airlines like ACA. They were boastful too. The big airlines have stayed big for a reason. I do not think that the credit markets are going to want to support another grandiose plans. They need a return on investment and diluting the pool more only makes that harder. They too have learned.

I have overheard a few Repubic pilots stating they are glad they will be off RSV and flying the Airbus in a few months. I hope the F9 guys put the brakes on the operation and make Brian B regret his decision. Didn't that guy go to jail for fraud at one point?

No you didn't, and no he didn't. Get a life.

Jerry's game? Please explain, I don't see SKW doing anything remote to what RAH has done in the last few months. Wrong time, you actually think SKW has a chance as a stand alone operating CRJ's, Republic is smart enough not to even try it with only 170's. Jerry's not even on the same field that Bedford's playing on.

Return on investment like the $17 mill profit that F9 made last month? I think the creditors will like those types of #'s

Tell me again how Frontier is anything like Independence? Please put the koolaid down.

since this is a rumor forum, just heard RAH is $30mil short of cash to complete the deal as DAL or UAL pulled out of some segment of their contract, anyone?

Latest resources

Back