• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

who can tell me some info on airmanflightschool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish all you jerk-offs that fly out of norman would learn to speak english. I had to take a king air in there late one evening and it sounded like the darn mexican airforce on the ctaf.

Dude you guys have nothing on KAPC, napa airport home of the JAL training center. Everyone calls them the japanese airforce. I always like to mess with the controllers and ask "you got that honorary degree in Japanese yet?"

NYC, very good post and I applaud you for not jumping on the anti-Airman bandwagon that has seemed to have been forming for quite some time on this board. Everyone I have sent there in years past have all been pleased with the exception of one person. A "few" unhappy students can pretty much be found at any flight school in any state. You will never be able to please 100% of the customers, just not possible. Again, very good post NYC with regards to sticking to the facts and not taking a shot at the place. Sometimes a few will allow emotion to influence a response/post versus just sticking with the factual information.

Rumors around the airport is that airman is shakey financially, i've heard that for years though, who knows for sure, personally i wouldn't give that much money to someplace unless i was absolutly sure they are going to be around for a while. I have heard that the guy that owned it sold it recently after he personally filed for bankruptcy, now from what i understand it is owned by 3 of the employees. It might be wise to sit on your money for a few months to ensure the stability of the company, and once you do pay them, get it done fast...

By the way i know which controller you are talking about.... he reminds me of that guy on king of the hill.....

Youens said:
Rumors around the airport is that airman is shakey financially, i've heard that for years though, who knows for sure, personally i wouldn't give that much money to someplace unless i was absolutly sure they are going to be around for a while. I have heard that the guy that owned it sold it recently after he personally filed for bankruptcy, now from what i understand it is owned by 3 of the employees. It might be wise to sit on your money for a few months to ensure the stability of the company, and once you do pay them, get it done fast...

By the way i know which controller you are talking about.... he reminds me of that guy on king of the hill.....

Not sure if he filed for bk or not but I have heard from more than a few that the main reason was that he is terminally ill and dying as to why he was forced to sell so take it for what it is worth. I can't see the place closing it's doors but again if you do decide that this is your best route then if at all possible try and speak to the legal team that handled this change over and see if you are able to get some sort of feeling as to what the current financial situation is both short and long term. I don't think any lending institution would have given Brenda & company the money to "buy" this place if any doubts were present and evident that this school was in financial shambles but again I don't know all the details pertaining to this agreement/transaction and I would only assume much more is behind this than what meets the eye. My own personal opinion is that their are a few key players (investors) here that backed them up to get this done. I find it hard to believe that a few office workers were able to obtain that sort of financing/credit given numerous factors. Try and speak to current students and employees and if at all possible try and touch base with the attys. that handled this to get the best possible factual information to make a wise choice and decision.

minitour said:
I had a hard time understanding the one controller....man...what a pain! I bet you know which one I'm talking about.

Hmm, I think so...the guy who talks kinda fast & monotone? There's also this lady up there who made me feel once or twice like she didn't quite know what she was doing.

MFR

MFRskyknight said:
Hmm, I think so...the guy who talks kinda fast & monotone? There's also this lady up there who made me feel once or twice like she didn't quite know what she was doing.

MFR

Yeah...had a..."unique" conversation with her when departing for a solo xc while in the commercial program.

Oh well...wachagonnado

-mini

minitour said:
Yeah...had a..."unique" conversation with her when departing for a solo xc while in the commercial program.

Really??? And I thought they'd frown on that sort of thing...:D

MFR

MFRskyknight said:

she is now the tower manager...

Latest resources

Back