• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession

Foreign Control of U.S. Airlines

UPDATE, December 1 – Despite Congress’s overwhelming bi-partisan opposition, the Bush Administration is reportedly preparing an announcement that it will finalize the rule to allow foreign control of U.S. airlines. The decision of House and Senate Republican leaders to give up on passing the FY-2007 Transportation Appropriations bill --- which includes the prohibition on DOT from issuing a final rule --- has provided the administration a small window of opportunity to push through the controversial NPRM before the Dec. 15 E.U.-U.S. open skies ratification vote. A letter from leading congressional opponents --- Reps. Oberstar (D-MN), LoBiondo (R-NJ), Costello (D-IL), and Poe (R-TX) --- has warned the White House to terminate its plans to issue the rule and to have it formally withdrawn. Click here to read the letter.

https://crewroom.alpa.org/DesktopMo...View.aspx?itemid=5921&ModuleId=1556&Tabid=251

Hi!

This is typical Bush bullshi! Globalize everything, so his rich friends can get more money. Screw all of us prols trying to make a living.

Bush doesn't care about America, just the money.

cliff
YIP

Hi!

This is typical Bush bullshi! Globalize everything, so his rich friends can get more money. Screw all of us prols trying to make a living.

Bush doesn't care about America, just the money.

cliff
YIP

I still don't understand, though, why most of the pilots I know are not only republican, but hardcore republican. The Republican politician is no friend to the Union man.

I still don't understand, though, why most of the pilots I know are not only republican, but hardcore republican. The Republican politician is no friend to the Union man.

The RALP (Repub Air Line Pilot) is a paradox...

Leaders embrace the paradox.....

The sooner Airline Pilots take a leadership role in their careers then better we will all be...

I think that is very interesting too. I find a lot of hardcore right wing folks are very pro union, while the good ol' hippies aren't as much?!?!?!?!?!

Too many people look at politics like a football game and once their team is picked, they can't root for the other side, regardless of the issue.

The Proletariat always gets screwed. More people should really read that book!!!!!!!

Having been deeply involved in union leadership and activities for the last 18 years, I have found that the vast majority of pilots do not totally understand unions and have even less understanding of the railway labor act. This extends to the general public. Management, corporations and others with the power to influence the media have managed to make the working man distrustful of all unions. We have also become complacent concerning news or corporate greed, deceit and downright theft. We expect management to lie to us, but don't let union leaders make an error. They will be crucified. Maybe some retired union people need to publish a primer of sorts for current members.

Having been deeply involved in union leadership and activities for the last 18 years, I have found that the vast majority of pilots do not totally understand unions and have even less understanding of the railway labor act. This extends to the general public. Management, corporations and others with the power to influence the media have managed to make the working man distrustful of all unions. We have also become complacent concerning news or corporate greed, deceit and downright theft. We expect management to lie to us, but don't let union leaders make an error. They will be crucified. Maybe some retired union people need to publish a primer of sorts for current members.

When a pilot spends 10+ years flying the line he feels that he is also an expert in union/political activities... he knows best!

In addition, with superficial knowlege of how the game is played, pilots will call thier leaders with an issue and expect the leader to make it better, not knowing the reality. It's like a passenger telling the pilots to raise the visibility on an ILS approach..

This is nothing exclusive to unions. rather it is human nature...

I was just wondering...ever heard of greed and corruption among union leaders? Naaahhhh. :)

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Too many people look at politics like a football game and once their team is picked, they can't root for the other side, regardless of the issue.

An astute observation. There's also revulsion against supporting a side on any issue if some of that side's other supporters are people you can't stand. :angryfire

Latest resources

Back