• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

White House Bent on destroying Air Line Pilots via Foreign Control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if the ALPA Prez pay were a Million a year would there be more candidates to choose from or less? Today, you'd have more...and it'd be for the money, not the duty.

Over 90% of the guys that have gotten hired in the last year at my regional were ALPA volunteers. They didn't advertise they were ALPA volunteers but the recruiters could tell they had an attitude of 'how can I make it better...' 'not what is in it for me...'ALPA recruiters or company HR? And I am all about helping the company out. But the minute the CEO and the members of mahogany row look after their best interests in the form of payouts...I go back to the job description.

You've proven my point... you want it better for YOU. What is in it for YOU. More rest for ME. More benefits for ME, higher pay for ME!WRONG AGAIN! I want it better for ALL pilots. You say it as if rest is a bad thing. I guess I'm just safety conscious. And yes, when bonuses are being handed out like candy at the top, you better believe I am going to have my hand out. Without our hard work, their would be no bonuses at the top.

That is not serving the profession. That is serving self. It is counter productive and destructive. Tell that to the SWA pilots. I bet if you ask nicely, one of them will walk your resume in.

Serve the profession! The problem is...every pilot, including ALPA pilots are serving themselves. Wrong! Try again.

Anyone can show up on time, perform their duty as expected. Anyone! You want to be recognized for doing what is expected of you? There is nothing progressive about that. Nothing professionial about showing up on time and doing your job... that is what hotel maids do.. not professionals...

You don't know about PATCO do you?Actually, I do. A college professor of mine was in the military as a controller and he was called in during the strike.

Question.

Is it 1936? Yes
Is this the Auto industry? Yes
Are assembly line workers professional pilots? They are labor nonetheless.
Where is the RLA? Not involved

So if the ALPA Prez pay were a Million a year would there be more candidates to choose from or less? Today, you'd have more...and it'd be for the money, not the duty.

So you think the someone from the masses should be ALPA Prez for the duty. What about you?

Over 90% of the guys that have gotten hired in the last year at my regional were ALPA volunteers. They didn't advertise they were ALPA volunteers but the recruiters could tell they had an attitude of 'how can I make it better...' 'not what is in it for me...'ALPA recruiters or company HR? And I am all about helping the company out. But the minute the CEO and the members of mahogany row look after their best interests in the form of payouts...I go back to the job description.

Company HR...for company jobs at career carriers like jB, SWA, UAL, DAL etc...

And that is the difference... you need others to behave a certian way before you will. You hold high character traits hostage until you get what you think you want....

That is NOT professional.

You've proven my point... you want it better for YOU. What is in it for YOU. More rest for ME. More benefits for ME, higher pay for ME!WRONG AGAIN! I want it better for ALL pilots. You say it as if rest is a bad thing. I guess I'm just safety conscious. And yes, when bonuses are being handed out like candy at the top, you better believe I am going to have my hand out. Without our hard work, their would be no bonuses at the top.

Your problem is... you don't know how to do both.

That is not serving the profession. That is serving self. It is counter productive and destructive. Tell that to the SWA pilots. I bet if you ask nicely, one of them will walk your resume in.

We are not talking about SWA pilots as a group.. rather the professional attitude....

Serve the profession! The problem is...every pilot, including ALPA pilots are serving themselves. Wrong! Try again.

Right try again.... :rolleyes:

Anyone can show up on time, perform their duty as expected. Anyone! You want to be recognized for doing what is expected of you? There is nothing progressive about that. Nothing professionial about showing up on time and doing your job... that is what hotel maids do.. not professionals...

too difficult to reply to?

You don't know about PATCO do you?Actually, I do. A college professor of mine was in the military as a controller and he was called in during the strike.

What does that you prove... you knew someone that was there... that doesn't mean you understand the poltics and impact of the event on current day events...

Question.

Is it 1936? Yes
Is this the Auto industry? Yes
Are assembly line workers professional pilots? They are labor nonetheless.
Where is the RLA? Not involved

More insignificant replies.....

Have you stopped to objectively consider why the world doesn't operate the way you think it should....

It the world? You perhaps......... you?

Keep calling for a National Strike....:rolleyes:

So you think the someone from the masses should be ALPA Prez for the duty. What about you? Your brethren in Herndon wouldn't approve, Rez. I'd demand results!

Company HR...OK, so they show up to work and attend ALPA functions for their health??? What is their motive for their "how can I help" attitude? Who are they helping? The Airline? The deluded concept known as ALPA?

And that is the difference... you need others to behave a certian way before you will. You hold high character traits hostage until you get what you think you want....
No, but I do believe in accountability. Afterall, it is a standard I am held to. Some airlines are in poor shape these days and it's due to the corporate raiders at the top. These double standards which pilots are held to (massive bonuses at the top, paycuts for labor) are slowly strangling the airlines. Management needs to be held accountable for their actions. What is ALPA doing about that? And don't say they're going to Cap. Hill to reform the bankruptcy laws and ammend the RLA because they're going to be there for a long, long time!

Your problem is... you don't know how to do both. This is not a ME problem, this is a YOU problem. You're the ALPA cheerleader. Clearly, ALPA doesn't know how to either. They've already thrown in the towel on the majority of pilots. Pay increases...It's not ALPA's bag.

We are not talking about SWA pilots as a group.. rather the professional attitude...Whatever attitude the Southwest pilots have, it's working. They're kicking a$$ and the pilots get rewarded.

Anyone can show up on time, perform their duty as expected. Anyone! You want to be recognized for doing what is expected of you? There is nothing progressive about that. Nothing professionial about showing up on time and doing your job... that is what hotel maids do... not professionals... too difficult to reply to?
Sorry, my computer crapped out last night. I don't live to work, Rez. I don't seek out validation in the form of pats on the back. I do realize my compensation is tied to my performance. That's what WE work for, Rez: Compensation. When bonuses are being handed out, there's a surplus of money. ALPA doesn't represent that, you say? That's perfectly fine...please have them step aside. I'll take part in an organization that will.

What does that you prove... you knew someone that was there... that doesn't mean you understand the poltics and impact of the event on current day events...You asked if I didn't know about PATCO. Our professor explained it to us. What's not clear about that? I'll say it again, Yes, I know about PATCO.

More insignificant replies...
Just answering your questions. Apparently if it does not fall within your narrowed field of sight...you cannot comprehend it.

Have you stopped to objectively consider why the world doesn't operate the way you think it should...
So Thomas Eddison should have given up on his quest for artificial light? Think outside the box, Rez. Your problem is that you have Coporate America, the goverment, AND ALPA pissing on your leg and telling you it's raining...and you believe it. Try to think outside the box, unless you like Golden Showers. Maybe you do...to each their own, I guess.

Last edited:
So you think the someone from the masses should be ALPA Prez for the duty. What about you? Your brethren in Herndon wouldn't approve, Rez. I'd demand results!

Remember this is democracy... you'd have to convince others to vote for you... that you bring value to the table....

Company HR...OK, so they show up to work and attend ALPA functions for their health??? What is their motive for their "how can I help" attitude? Who are they helping? The Airline? The deluded concept known as ALPA?

You still don't get it.... have you ever done something for someone without exepcting anything in return? Are you part of GEN Y, offspring of the babyboomers, that has entitlement disease?

No, but I do believe in accountability. Afterall, it is a standard I am held to. Some airlines are in poor shape these days and it's due to the corporate raiders at the top.

But yet you continue to work for such an organization that you despise... why?

These double standards which pilots are held to (massive bonuses at the top, paycuts for labor) are slowly strangling the airlines. Management needs to be held accountable for their actions. What is ALPA doing about that?

Whoa!.. here we go again with your expectations... getting mad at ALPA for something you think they should do....

Who said ALPA was obligated or repsonsible for making management accountable?

We fly jets safely. Air Line Pilots Do Not Run Airlines!

Get it out of your head that we are Corp America's watchdog. All unions do is protect thier CBA's within the context of the law. And the law is favored toward CorpAmerica!!

If ALPA should make management accountable what about other unions? the IAM? CWA? AFA? And what if these unions have different ideas of accountability than ALPA. Where is it codified? Is this accountablity that you demand of ALPA written somewhere... or is it just... "stuff ALPA should do"

And don't say they're going to Cap. Hill to reform the bankruptcy laws and ammend the RLA because they're going to be there for a long, long time!

The issue is not 'they' it is 'you'

Your problem is... you don't know how to do both. This is not a ME problem, this is a YOU problem. You're the ALPA cheerleader. Clearly, ALPA doesn't know how to either. They've already thrown in the towel on the majority of pilots. Pay increases...It's not ALPA's bag.

This is cleary your problem... why? cause you are convinced that the world should operate the way you think......

We are not talking about SWA pilots as a group.. rather the professional attitude...Whatever attitude the Southwest pilots have, it's working. They're kicking a$$ and the pilots get rewarded.

Rather I think it is the leadership and culture that the SWA pilots interviewed thier way into.... and good for the pilots if they are successful in interviewing. SWA is a great company.

Anyone can show up on time, perform their duty as expected. Anyone! You want to be recognized for doing what is expected of you? There is nothing progressive about that. Nothing professionial about showing up on time and doing your job... that is what hotel maids do... not professionals... too difficult to reply to?
Sorry, my computer crapped out last night. I don't live to work, Rez. I don't seek out validation in the form of pats on the back.

Again.. that is not what this is about.... you still don't get it.... do you have someone you can talk to? Someone you trust?

I do realize my compensation is tied to my performance. That's what WE work for, Rez: Compensation. When bonuses are being handed out, there's a surplus of money. ALPA doesn't represent that, you say? That's perfectly fine...please have them step aside. I'll take part in an organization that will.

Again.. its seems you have a problem with the way things are... so I'd say that you have a problem...

What does that you prove... you knew someone that was there... that doesn't mean you understand the poltics and impact of the event on current day events...You asked if I didn't know about PATCO. Our professor explained it to us. What's not clear about that? I'll say it again, Yes, I know about PATCO.

Good.. then you know.... but yet you still expect ALPA to commit PATCO suicide... why?

More insignificant replies...
Just answering your questions. Apparently if it does not fall within your narrowed field of sight...you cannot comprehend it.

Again... you want unions to be something it is not... you have the understanding problem....

Have you stopped to objectively consider why the world doesn't operate the way you think it should...
So Thomas Eddison should have given up on his quest for artificial light?

The light didn't exist. try again. :rolleyes:

Think outside the box, Rez. Your problem is that you have Coporate America, the goverment, AND ALPA pissing on your leg and telling you it's raining...and you believe it. Try to think outside the box, unless you like Golden Showers. Maybe you do...to each their own, I guess.

So now it gets personal....

even as you read this... things are still not going your way... why?

Why should CorpAmerica, gov't and ALPA all get up tomorrow morning and do things your way? Who are you?

It is not that it is a lack of outside of the box thinking....

It is that others in CorpAmerica and gov't do not care about us as Air Line Pilots. They are too busy taking care of themselves or others who have more money.

DO YOU GET IT NOW?

DO YOU GET IT NOW?

Let me guess what you'll say...No? Big surprise.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Latest resources

Back