Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heavy Set said:
B190Captain,

It is obvious you have never flown an Airbus. I have only jump-sat in the A320 - but it was a great cockpit - wide, comfortable, clean panel - great side-sticks. You say the Boeing design revolves around the pilot - yeah, well the pilot better weigh only 120 lbs... The 737 cockpit is very tight - you can't stretch out. How would you feel on the long BWI-LAX runs? Yeah, my arse would ACHE after three hours... Even jump-seaters are comfortable in the A320 on trans-con flights...

I know that Boeing did not consider pilot comfort in its design. For example, the 747-400 has a ridiculously small flight deck - and the 737 is much worse. For the trans-con flights, an A320 would suit me fine.

All the Jet Blue naysayers out there are wrong. Jet Blue has a great model. It is following the Southwest formula with a difference - its SERVICE is much, much better. You can't beat the in-flight TVs. Jet Blue will continue to grow and the pilots' compensation/schedules will continue to improve.

I think Race Pilot made the right choice - Jet Blue is a great choice. Plus, who wants to fly 7 sectors per day?

Thanks

Please don't misunderstand me. I like Jet Blue as well. In this day and age I would fly an airbus if I had to. For me choosing SWA over JB was because of the financial track record behind SWA and their time as an airline. Jet Blue is a young company and I would choose stability over being concerned wether my arse would ache in a Boeing.

As for flying 7 sectors a day, I do that every day, sometimes 8 or 9 so it would not bother me a bit.

The size of a 737 or a 747 flight deck would suit me just fine and I am 220lbs. Try a 1900 flight deck for 9 legs.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
LearLove said:
Unless your driving a pre 80's truck/car made in the US chances are my 4 banger Toyota truck (airport car still goin strong after 535,000 miles) has more US construction/labor/parts than our "beloved" plastic vett or red neck pickup.

When I was shopping for a new pickup I discovered that Dodge is building a lot of theirs in Mexico. That crossed Dodge off the list. I'm not willing to spend that kind of money to buy something made by laborers being paid pennies per hour. At least some of the GM products are produced domestically. Japanese labor costs are higher than ours yet they can still produce an excellent vehicles. No wonder my neighbor's Subaru was assembled in the good ole USA.

LearLove

Here you go again spouting off crap like drunk 300 pound nascar fan stressing the alluminum legs on his kmart lawn chair to their plastic (mu ultimate) limit sitting in front of his grandmas trailer surrounded by beer cans and empty Dorritos bags.

Luckily I'm on the money making side of NASCAR, not the side to which you refer. Although if you've been to many races in the last few years you will notice a large number (probably the majority) that although many of them do happen to drink beer, they also make in the upper range of incomes in the US. They just enjoy loosening up every once in a while and shedding the suit to have some fun. Maybe you should take a lesson from them (the loosen up part I mean). I suppose you don't like the NFL, NBA, NHL, or NLB either since many of the fans who attend are hardworking, blue collar Americans who enjoy a few cold ones.

As far as your German and Japanese autos, you have proven my point. Thanks. Many of these autos are sold to uninformed US consumers who "think" the cars are produced in the US. Do you REALLY believe that those cars are "fully" produced in the US. If so, you really haven't done your homework. BTW, 90% of the Corvette is.

And by the way Vettes aren't plastic, they are fiberglass. And I'll put it up against your German car any time unless maybe you are getting a Z8. But since all of the folks I know that have a Z8 make over $250K/yr, I doubt that's what you're getting. Read some of the Motor Trend/Autoweek/C&D reports as well as JD Power Quality surveys on the Z06 and you might understand. But probably not.

By the way, good luck on your "professional" pilot career. With your attitude and lack of understanding I doubt it goes very far.

Last edited:
For what its worth...

I drive a bus and would go SWA.

I know lots of SWA folks and some JB juice types (only KIDDING Francis:) and in this industry, stability is rare.

80% of something is better than 100% of nothing any day of the week.

P.s. those cheese eating surrender monkeys build a great airplane, and know how to sell them!

Hey Muddy,

Hypothetically…let’s say SWA dumps its 73’s in favor of the Bus. Gasp!! Now before you get your underwear all in a bundle, don’t forget that this is all hypothetical of course. OK take a breath…now we can only assume that if this DID happen...you’d for sure quit…probably just for the principle of the thing. No wait…it’s because you could be the role model for all aviation martyrs in the world. Yeah that’s it…no…hold on…it’s because you could save the good ole USA from unfair trade practices. Naw…that can’t be it. Maybe it’s because you don’t believe in the Airbus design philosophy. Geez…make up your mind, I’m confused!!

If it did happen…you had better hope that some outfit flying a Boeing was hiring.

Besides that…we’d really miss you. Hypothetically of course…

V2

V2+10

I don't get very excited unless I'm on fire or somebody's shooting at me and none of that has happened since I left the big blue - so I wouldn't worry about a confused Tinkerbell like you getting me too upset.

To get back to your question, a couple of reasons I picked the airline I did is because they are a Boeing airline and union involvement is low. If your example happened - I guess then that would be nut cutting time. I don't know what I'd do, but I have an Air Force retirement and other options and I don't much care for unions. Martyrdom sure wouldn't be a part of it, I got used to making martyrs for the other side in my last job.

The rest of it really isn't rocket science, pardner, but listen carefully anyways. I don't like the Airbus design philosophy that keeps the pilot out of the loop. If the automation does something I want to see something in my cockpit move. I'm just arrogant enough to think that I'm an important part of flying the airplane.

I also don't like heavily subsidized foreign products dumped in America when it costs US workers their jobs. Simple enough isn't it?

Muddy

Red Neck Race Pilot

Calling me out to a race, wow your so cool, are you going to try and beat me up after study hall too.

As for uninformed consumer, the design/manufacturing plants foreign companies have built here are fake then, correct. Better yet guys I studdied engineering with in college that got jobs with these guys must be figment of my mind then correct. Crap, how dare my friend tell me he had anything to do with design/enineering of the Boxster's suspension while while working at that phantom plant in South Carolina.

As for your fiberglass comment pertaining to my plastic vett remark I have a rather thick Materials Engineering Text that may show you they are one in the same but I bet you already knew that, whatever.

Lastly, No the BMW is not a Z8 but I do have access to one, however if given the choice I'd take a steamroller and flatten you and your plastic I mean fiberglass crap mobile once and for all.

Lighten up Francis

Racepilot and Learlove,

Come on guys keep it professional and a little friendlier. Please don't turn this thread into a Jerry Springer show. You guys are better than that. It's fine to disagree and have favorites, but please do so with a little less hostility.

v/r

Yahtz

Yahtzee - you are certainly correct and if you see my previous comments in this thread, I was right on track with what others were saying regarding Airbus, Boeing, and US vs. foreign products. Then someone decided to start slobbering at the mouth with pure ignorence of what he was speaking. He just added to it above. Anyway, I've realized that you can't reason with the unreasonable so I'm done.

I did learn one thing though I guess, I didn't realize that the Boxster was built in SC. I knew BMW had a plant there, but not Porsche. Where is that plant anyway, LearLove????? Or does your friend work for Bosch because I am familiar with that one.

Oh well, guess I'll go get my fiberglass, oops, plastic surfboard and catch a few waves. See ya!!

Latest resources

Back