• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which type-rating would you get

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My vote's for the CV-880/990, B-707, VC-10, SE-210, Viscount or Vanguard. Long live the kerosene burners.

SCR

for sheer fun and joy,the Super 3, and the DC7. if money was still no object the 707, and what the heck,the ultimate Connie,the Starliner L1649.

Any Shorts Seaplane.
Think 4 radials.
and water.

CE

Anyone have info on civilian loans, continuing education, etc. that would allow someone to get another type? I asked a banker about it, and they had no idea what I was talking about and wondered why tou had to learn to type to fly an airplane. (I sh1t you not)

Any government programs, since they are giving so much of our money away, that would allow for a type?

I think you approached the wrong source. I believe it's the varioius state unemployment agencies and not the banks that have retraining programs/funding available for people who are unemployed and as a result, are contemplating switching careers and that's what you might be thinking about. That's might be why the banker seemed confused when you talked with him. Check with your State Unemployment Office. I've heard some states will fund a type rating and others won't, claiming you're not retraining for a job in a different career field, just trying to advance your career along in your current field. Good luck.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Thanks PHX, I am not unemployed though. Just seeing if there was any financial aide out there for pilots.

Latest resources

Back