• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which type-rating would you get

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 320 is the most marketeable if you are looking for employment overseas...

The only one I knew of was the one the (late) owner of Grand Air in TOL had, til he crashed it and died....

Even though I have seen those shots in the left seat of a 747, I can't find where he is typed.

Qantas. He did a good will world wide tour for them a while back and the company said that if he was going to represent them he had to go through their training

I have some friends that got typed on the A-320 and they have had zero luck getting jobs. Most of the overseas operators will not talk to them unless they have 500 hours on type. And these are very experienced L-1011 and 757 captains.

That's why I said they'd have to whore themselves out. In any event, there's not much work in any type of airplane out there these days.

TC

I think instead of getting a type rating, I would use the money to get a commercial- instrument rotorcraft rating and go looking for a med-evac job flying a Bell 407 or something similar from Sikorsky. For fun I would look for a Super Cub on floats and get my commercial seaplane rating. And call me nuts ,but I think if I had any money left over, I'd get my CFI and "double I" re-validated and do some part time flight instructing.

PHXFLYR:cool:

I think instead of getting a type rating, I would use the money to get a commercial- instrument rotorcraft rating and go looking for a med-evac job flying a Bell 407 or something similar from Sikorsky. For fun I would look for a Super Cub on floats and get my commercial seaplane rating. And call me nuts ,but I think if I had any money left over, I'd get my CFI and "double I" re-validated and do some part time flight instructing.

PHXFLYR:cool:

I know where you can go for that if you are really interested...

Latest resources

Back