• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which type-rating would you get

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those are all good ideas, except instructordude's...good effort. Trust me I do not have $$ to spend on a type I was just looking at the GI Bill and hear people got types out of it and was curious on what people would get if they had the $$. I have the Lear type already so would look at probably the Citation or Hawker...Probably the Hawker if it came down to it. Just interesting to see what other people would get.

getting a type

I read alot info. on the differents Types of ratings people have suggested.
The problem is the that company wants Types and time!! I think just a type along now in this market will not do it!
I have asking Recruiters from oversea if I were to get a Type and Not having any time in the airplane, would I qualify for an interview?
The answer so far is No , you would need to have 300 to 500 hrs flying the airplane.
This is what I found so far with having a type and no time in the airplane.

What are the folks that have gotten Types with no time in the airplane able to do, as far as getting a interview and flying jobs?

Red Dog--For corporate, obviously the cheaper the type, the more competition that's out there.

Relatively few G550/450/V types but not that much work. During normal times, you make big bucks doing contract. These days, you'll HAVE to go overseas and the pickin's are slim there, too.

Go the CE, HS, LR route and you're competing with 10,000 other guys, many with bags of PIC time. Plus, the daily rate is pretty low.

I'd go the A-320 route and whore yourself out to get some PIC time. (Hey, we're talking theory here, not ethics...)

Good thread.

TC

How about a Grumman Albatross. I'd love to be able to have a flying boat service running from south Florida to the islands.

Too bad Chalks is dead. Someone needs to make those planes again. They were tanks but the salt water ate them up. :(

I'll follow you in a Twin Otter flying to Walkers Cay and to other smaller Bahamian sidewalks... errrr runways.

PBY or HU-16

DC-3 goes without saying

Too bad Chalks is dead. Someone needs to make those planes again. They were tanks but the salt water ate them up. :(

I'll follow you in a Twin Otter flying to Walkers Cay and to other smaller Bahamian sidewalks... errrr runways.

I thought Chalks ran the T-Mallard not the Albatros.
And the Twin Otter doesn't qualify since it doesn't need a type. (not sure if the Mallard does either for that matter)

Red Dog--For .
.I'd go the A-320 route and whore yourself out to get some PIC time. (Hey, we're talking theory here, not ethics...)

Good thread.

TC

I have some friends that got typed on the A-320 and they have had zero luck getting jobs. Most of the overseas operators will not talk to them unless they have 500 hours on type. And these are very experienced L-1011 and 757 captains.

Latest resources

Back