Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which reginal treats it's employees'....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JeremyAV8R

Airline Bound
Which Reginal Airlines treat it's pilots best? Contract, pay, schedule, Etc. Also, which Reginal Airlines, do you predict, to grow, and be stable."Looking in the crystal ball," if needed.

I'm just interested in hearing what your experiances are, along with the facts about their policys'.

Jeremy:)

Hi!

AIR WISCONSIN

They have by far and away the best contract, they are growing, they are hiring. They have the only (I think) 100% company funded "B" plan retirement plan-like AA/UAL, etc.

In my opinion, the next group is ACA/ASA/Comair/SkyWest/Horizon - they are all good.

Cliff
GRB

Hi!

I've read about the company funded retirement plan in several places, I guess wrongly?

There is none at all, only a 401K like everyone else?

Was this proposed in the contract talks and didn't get in?

Has this been discussed for the future?

Please let me know/give details. If this is wrong, I need to correct this info for some people.

Cliff
GRB

I guess this will go into the "Can you top this?" category. Let me give some scenarios that highlight the Policy Manual provisions at SkyWest:

A. You are scheduled to do six legs of an hour each. Your actual times for alternate legs are 1:10 and 0:50 due to head/tail winds. At SkyWest, you will be paid for scheduled or actual, whichever is higher on a leg by leg basis. So you will actually fly 6:00 but get paid for 6:30.

B. You are scheuled to fly two legs at the end of the day for 2:00 but, due to weather or maintenance, the flights are cancelled. You are paid for the trips.

C. You have a very strange schedule of 9 days of 1:30 flight time and 9 days of 7:30 flight time. As a minimum, you will be paid 3:45 for the light days and 7:30 for the heavy days for a total of 101:15 for flying 81 hours. This highlights the presence of a TRUE minimum daily as opposed to the 30 day lookback variety.

Although SkyWest does not have ALL the features that some contracts have (commuter policy, trip rig, etc.) I think that it has the BEST overall package dollar for dollar for comparable aircraft (CRJ and Brasilia) for the pilot group than can be found anywhere.

Those who would dispute this might want to start with the figures paid for A, B, and C scenarios at their airline operating CRJ and or Brasilia.

Air Wisconsins retirement plan has a 4% company contributuion of your annual salary to the 401k plus up to a 3% match of your annual salary to your 401k if you contribute 7% or more. This is a total of 7% of you annual salary into a 401k this goes up to 8% 01/01/2004.

Lampshade

SkyWest's 401k is a 1:1 match for the first 2% at 1 year, the first 4% at 5 years and the first 6% at 10 years. In addition, employees with over 2 years share in the distribution of 5% of the company annual profits in the 401k. This amounted to about 3% of annual pay last year and 4-5% the year before that.

With that, an old timer at SkyWest could get 9-11% from the company by contributing 6%. At Air Wisconsin, it sounds as if one would need to contribute 7% to get 8% next year. A new guy (over 2 years) at SkyWest could get 5% from the company by contributing 2% or 3% by contributing nothing. Did I give the right figures on the Air Wisconsin side?

How much can you make working for a reginal? If you don't mind me asking. Is it a huge chunk less than the Majors? What are the diffrences?:confused:

At Air Wisconsin, you don't have to contribute a single cent to get a 4% of your salary + overtime company contribution to a 401k plan. That is regardless of company profits. It is company funded.

Latest resources

Back