Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which reginal treats it's employees'....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Although SkyWest does not have ALL the features that some contracts have (commuter policy, trip rig, etc.) I think that it has the BEST overall package dollar for dollar for comparable aircraft (CRJ and Brasilia) for the pilot group than can be found anywhere.

By the time we are all said and done with negotiations at Expressjet, your 'Policy Manual' will be what it really is; a pathetic joke. It's time for small jet pilots to step up and with the addition of 300+ furlought mainline pilots to our seniority list, I believe Expressjet will get the job done. Skywest needs a union, plain and simple, or else you will become the new CHQ that management uses to whipsaw around.

So to make sure I understand, how much would an Air Wisconsin pilot need to contribute to get 9-11% from the company in his 401k?

By the time we are all said and done with negotiations at Expressjet, your 'Policy Manual' will be what it really is; a pathetic joke.

Eager to see what you come up with. We are all for keeping pressure on the top end. SkyWest will be negotiating the pay package in the spring and it looks like Horizon and company will be the standard to match. We'll see.

Last edited:
Andy,

I'm not trying to get into a "my airline has a better contract than your airline" confrontation here. There are aspects of my airline's agreement that are just as good if not better than yours, and i'm sure that is true that there are some areas that are better in your Company's agreement.

I just wanted to clarify that we do in fact get a guaranteed level of retirement benefit, since there was some discussion earlier of that subject. That's all.

And Mr. Expressjet, you need to show some class. Obviously, Skywest pilots and management are able to work together in a mutually beneficial manner. Their wages and benefits are at least industry standard. In fact, Skywest and ACA both cost UAL more than Air Wisconsin does, so don't think that the lack of a union contract somehow makes them less expensive for major partners to use.

I keep hearing from a number of Expressjet guys how you are going to come up with the greatest contract ever. Given your company's and pilot group's contract history, I would be surprised if that happens. Nevertheless, good luck with your negotiations.

RR

Last edited:
Andy,

Did you ever work for Enron? You can't retire on "coulds"! What exactly does Skywest provide for retirement. At Wisconsin everyone gets the benefits not just old "timers".

Pilot Elective Deferral------- Company Matching Contribution
3% -4%----------------------------------------1%
5% -6%----------------------------------------2%
7 % + ----------------------------------------3%

Plus the 4% company paid contribution

You put in 7% or more, company matches 3%+4%=7% you put in 0% company still gives you 4%. So the max is 7% right now ('04 goes up to 8%) but it's available right away to the pilots you do not have to wait 10 years.

Thats how I see it.

Lampshade

Never worked for Enron and missed the "can't retire on clouds" reference but not a big deal.

I agree that it is good to get the maximum company contribution from the beginning rather than having to wait 10 years to max (or 5 years to match AW). You may have misunderstood that SkyWest 401k contributions gfrom the company and the worker are also 100% vested from day 1.

I think I allowed for specific aspects of our respective agreements having better or lesser features, but I remain with my assertion that I believe the best overall package on compensation and benefits for Brasilia and CRJ operators resides at SkyWest. YMMV.

Mr. Neill
At AWAC we have A,B,and C plus duty/trip rig. Also, we have the BAe-146 so retirement is an option and the old timers can move above the CRJ payscale. The only bad part is those union dues we pay. Don't get me wrong. I think AWAC would not be in the position it is today without the union. It is just the great equalizer as far as the take home check goes. I was wondering what you mean by Skywest being the best compensated carrier for the EMB 120 and CRJ. Is that aircraft specific, because I think maybe ASA is the only other operator with those two types now. It isn't saying much. I think that AWAC has the best overall compensation package for carriers with the DO-328 and the CRJ. That says nothing because we are the only ones with those two types.
later, cheez

Please call me Andy.

On A, B, and C, I was more interested in what the actual pay would be at Air Wisconsin for those scenarios rather than if you had a minimum duty guarantee.

When I specify Brasilia and CRJ, I intended to do apples to apples comparisons rather than rates for Brasilia vs Dash-8. So if you have Brasilia OR CRJ, how do your Brasilia OR CRJ rates and duty rules stack up against SkyWest's.

I don't intend to imply that my self esteem is based on having the best work rules or rates. I am genuinely interested as a professional in what the market is paying and requiring among our competitors. For instance, Comair pays a great deal more for a first year CRJ FO than SkyWest does, but I think the SkyWest CRJ pilot does better as a group under SkyWest scales than it would under Comair scales.

SkyWest CRJ scales can be found under the Compensation and Benefits tab at

http://www.skywestpilot.com/interview

Are Air Wisconsin CRJ rates better than these?

You decide Andy

Skywest
CL-65 CAPTAINS

Years of Service
6/28/2002

1 $56.03
2 $$57.77
3 $59.54
4 $61.40
5 $63.29
6 $65.25
7 $67.27
8 $69.35
9 $$71.49
10 $73.71
11 $75.98
12 $78.33
13 $80.76
14 $83.25
15 $85.83
16 $88.40
17 $91.05
18 $92.87

Effective August 1, 2002 Longevity
Air Wisconsin
Years
CA CL-65 Ca BAe-146
0-1 56.59
1-2 58.35 70.02
2-3 60.14 72.17
3-4 62.01 74.41
4-5 63.93 76.71
5-6 65.90 79.08
6-7 67.94 81.53
7-8 70.04 84.05
8-9 72.21 86.65
9-10 74.44 89.33
10-11 76.74 92.09
11-12 79.11 94.94
12-13 81.57 97.88
13-14 84.09 100.90
14-15 86.69 104.03
15-16 89.29 107.15
16-17 91.97 110.36
17-18 -----113.67
18-19 -----117.08
19-20 -----120.59

Now THERE'S some useful information. Thanks. It looks like Air Wisconsin CRJ rates are 101% of SkyWest rates. I presume the same is true for FO's? Good info!

Could an Air Wisconsin pilot provide the answers for A, B, and C as illustrated above (6:30, 2:00, and 101:15 at SkyWest)?

Andy,

We could go around and around citing the respective provisions of our work agreements trying to outdo one another. As I previously stated, there are probably some aspects of your agreement that are better than ours, there are aspects of our contract that are better than yours. No one from air wisconsin has said one bad word about your company in this thread.

Relax, and be happy that you work for a great company. We are proud of ours as well.

RR

Latest resources

Back