Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which major survives the next terrorist attack?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All...or almost all. As long as Boeing, GE. Pratt, Airbus, etc need airlines to buy their hardware, the larger carriers survive. Combined, those manufacturers have enough cash to get even an industry as captial-intensive as ours through a terrorist attack against aviation.

Those with the best credit and the ability to borrow money will survive that scenario.

Bye Bye--General Lee

This country has become so jaded to violence that I dont really think it would have much of an impact. Short of a shoulder missile fired on an airliner for new drama, I think people will just keep on flying and putting up with the anticipated security measures, and the airlines will be quick to respond with furloughs if needed.

He is right in a way. One more attack on an U.S.based airline and let the furloughs begin! Thats why I dont work in the U.S. anymore.

Guess you were flight instructing that day, It's out of respect for those who gave there lives that day you piece of s*@t!........Go back to where you came from.
Lighten up! The question was poorly worded initially, but was in no means meant as a slam to anybody who gave their lives that day. The reality is the airlines in this country and others are having a rough time financially and the impact of another terrorist attack would be devastating to some more than others. A perfectly valid question. If that is too much for you to consider then enjoy living in fantasy land.

In Fantasy Land there are no Terroirst attacks.......Guess you wern't flying that day either. Homeland Security will shut the system down. Do have any idea how much that will effect? If only for a week, there are alot of companys at stake here in this industry. For the record, a valid question when looking for a valid answer should be thought thru.

Now that the beating is over

Its a good question, just bad words, but we all know that now. The public will stop flying just like before, but americans have short memories. But, however the length of time for recovery will not be good. Here are the facts about the Pax industry. Fuel is go up and down and swing wildly depending on the news. Terrorism will ever be present and the confidence of the public will not be won by the TSA. Americans will not stay home, they will travel. Cheap tickets over the last 4 years has created a crack addiction that can not be cured. Congress will never allow the general public to loose thier flying rights and that's the right for cheap tickets. So we all will take the hit for all the above bad things. We are the next segement of the working society to spiral down. When and If another attack occurs we will take the hit. Companies will surivive with the gov. help and bank will loan money, but first the companies will have to cut costs, just like before to get the help/loan. If you don't like the sounds of these risks and highly lickly predictions then go to net jets or ups and fedex. Everyone including SWA will be hit with these problems. Its indictive of the idustry. Get out of suck it up and have a plan. Who will survive, well there were alot of people that thought UA Air was done and they are still here. Its anyones gues, buts its not good.

In Fantasy Land there are no Terroirst attacks.......Guess you wern't flying that day either. Homeland Security will shut the system down. Do have any idea how much that will effect? If only for a week, there are alot of companys at stake here in this industry. For the record, a valid question when looking for a valid answer should be thought thru.
I actually was flying that day. I also spend most of my time flying in support of the military. I agree completely with what you have just said in your post. I think that although poorly worded, this was what the spirit of the initial question was.

Latest resources

Back