Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which major survives the next terrorist attack?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Smacktard = dumbsh#t. Put the pacifier back in your mouth and take a long nap. Most insensitive question I've seen on this board.

yeah, i agree. We should all live in fantasy land and act like nothing is going to happen again. Was the question in poor taste...maybe, but it is a valid question. Terrorism is here to stay unless we sack up and quit playing *************************foot with it.

So who's in the best position to survive another 9/11 if it happened this year?

Geez, alot of people seem to be way too easily offended this morning. :rolleyes:
Many people scan the message boards looking for poorly worded statements so they can have something to be upset at or somebody to call names.

Smacktard, that sentence probably wasn't worded as sensitive as the PR police would like, but it's not that hard to understand what you were really trying to say.
I lost somebody that day as many did. Just because alot of people have been emotionally impacted from loosing friends & family in 9/11 shouldn't mean that we can't talk about where, when, & which airlines the terrorists will try to target next. IMO, his question may not have been phrased well, big deal, but I think it's a fair question.

Guess you were flight instructing that day, It's out of respect for those who gave there lives that day you piece of s*@t!........Go back to where you came from.

Lots of spite and vitriol here, but no answers to what seems to be a pretty legitimate question. To think there won't be another attempt to destroy the economy of our nation is naive at best and foolish at worst. Mass transit is a likely target and aviation would make spectacular headlines. I'd guess it would depend on the scope and severity of the attack (and its affect on the airspace system and fuel prices) but that cash would be king.

For the record, no I didn't personally know anybody that died that day but a cousin of mine had recently vacated his office in the Pentagon near where AA 77 impacted and my best friend had a cousin who was a flight attendant on AA 11.

The wording of the question is very poor at best. During the next downturn in the economy (regardless of reason) the survival of an airline may well depend on how much government "help" they get. I don't think that any of the airlines are in a finacial postion to weather a lenghty downtrun too long, with the exception of SW maybe.

The wording of the question is very poor at best. During the next downturn in the economy (regardless of reason) the survival of an airline may well depend on how much government "help" they get. I don't think that any of the airlines are in a finacial postion to weather a lenghty downtrun too long, with the exception of SW maybe.

See, that's all I was getting at. I admitted it was poorly worded, but jeez, if you can't handle thinking about the possibility, what the he!! are you doing flying people around? Are you that weak about the prospect?

And some called me an idiot for not knowing that all the airlines would go out of business, I didn't realize there was a clear consensus that every airline would shut its doors. How silly of me to actually think about the profession that puts food on the table and a roof over my family's head. I guess I'll just sit back and wait for the next attack and then look to the 'experts' in here for direction.

In the many discussions I've had on the subject with many of the captains I've flown with (they must be ignorant idiots too since we discussed it), I've gotten all sorts of crazy theories.

Sorry you guys are too weak to discuss it here.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back