Which Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GCAP

I'm thinking about putting in my app at NetJets. How is your first assignment determined? Is experience in the 73N likely to help a pilot get the BBJ as a first assignment. Or... do all start in the smallest jet. I'm going to wait for the contract issues to be solved before I put in my application; I'm just curious.

You will NEVER fly the BBJ at NJA. (No harm intended) The NJA assignments are all based on seniority. You will be assigned to any aircraft but the BBJ. If you spent 25 years at NJA you would never fly the BBJ. We have many guys here that flew everything from Boeing but they will never fly the BBJ because we just don't have enough airplanes for their seniority. Expect to get the ultra or excel.

you will also have the chance of getting into the Falcon 2000, and the Citation X, or any other airplane here. NO one here is jumping fleets for an FO position in another plane except into the BBJ. Initialy you have the chance to get in any of our planes but the BBJ.

There is a very good chance of getting the X as SIC. 5 to 6 yrs to upgrade in type. X is short sics. Slight chance Falcon 2000 sic. Upgrade is now running 7 yrs in that ship. G200 6 to 7 yrs to PIC right now.

Alot of G200 sics bail out at exactly 2 yrs to corporate , 91 or 135 gigs... for about a $60 K payraise. That seems to be the magic type to have right now.

Well that and the 2000EX Easy. 2000 Easy seems to be 9 yrs to get into.

Latest resources

Back