Which flight kit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mavdog said:
Not sure, but the FOM at our airline says that our luggage needs to be black, so something like above may not work, depending on the airline. I have seen guys draging something like this around.

If you really NEED it black than another $2.99 of black spray paint will take care of that!

I have a question for any CRJ pilots. I'm looking at buying the Scott flight bag but the dimensions are 18 by 8 by 12. I was told that the dimensions had to be 17.5 by 7.5.

I'm just wondering if it will fit or not. Thanks.

http://www.coyoteworks.net/

supposed to be comparable to Scott Leather bags with improvements in some areas. they are pilots for ExpressJet and i'm told they do good work & service.

i have a Scott bag. have had it for about 6 months now. nice bag, but i wish i'd have gone for the dual strap handle (jumbo flight kit). mine is a regular handle (square top flight kit) and it carries quite a burden.

www.scottleather.com/product/catalog.cfm/nid/176

I'm at a fractional now, so my kit is smaller, but at my last regional job, when I did one of my once every 2 year replacements of my office depot cheapie special, I had a luggage repair place replace the skinny, tiny handle pins with much thicker pins which will likely never break. It cost me $15 to turn a $40 bag into one that could last for many years. As for expensive leather bags, I have seen one's handle break too-- but it wasn't Scott, I know that much.

Blue583 said:
I have a question for any CRJ pilots. I'm looking at buying the Scott flight bag but the dimensions are 18 by 8 by 12. I was told that the dimensions had to be 17.5 by 7.5.

I'm just wondering if it will fit or not. Thanks.

I have the Scott Jumbo bag and it fits in the CRJ well with room to spare. Worth the money IMO. I knew several old crusty captains at my last job that had Scott bags over 20 years old that were in great shape. You get what you pay for.

lowlycfi said:
I have the Scott Jumbo bag and it fits in the CRJ well with room to spare. Worth the money IMO. I knew several old crusty captains at my last job that had Scott bags over 20 years old that were in great shape. You get what you pay for.

Most of my guys use uniform allowance to buy the Scott bag after the first year, If where ever you are going has uniform allowance after the first year, Buy something cheaper that will last at least a year and hopefully two, After the first year, our pilots get $350 per year for uniform "stuff" to include Rollaboards and Flight Kits.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

yeah the office depot is a POS but if you reinforce the handle it will last long enough to not have to spend 300 bucks plus shipping. If you have the 300 sure, go for it. But i have to buy my flight kit with my first pay check so I would have to get payed in advance to but a scott. A guy in my crashpad has been using the same office depot special with home depot handle on it for 7 years.

Latest resources

Back