Which flight kit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SiuDude said:
They don't call it the "tool case" for nothin'...
Sorry.
Whatever, does not rot in glysol and fits perfectly in the CRJ bin... oh yeah, its cheap and durable, can't really say that about the "office depot special". My favorite is seeing people wheeling around those office depot bags that are on thier last leg with duct tape covering every corner, lots more professional looking. Consider me in the "Tool Club" I guess.

COOPERVANE said:
The pins that attatch the Depot special to the handle bend and then break. Usually with no warning on leg 1, day 1 of a 4 day.

Just curious, how much weight are you all haulin' around in your kits? I've got probably somewhere around 25ish and my depot special gets the sh*t kicked out of it alot (falls off the wing, work smashes it, seats smash it, etc.) and it is not torn, the wheels roll nicely, no seam rips, handle is attached. I'm 135, so ive only got the GOM, SOP, enroutes and terminals, and the requisite 8 pounds of paperwork i have no idea what a 121 guy might carry.

Wheels? The office depot special is a piece of crap, doesnt have wheels and after a few weeks doesnt have a handle either. I figure my bag weighed a good 40 pounds-GOM(2+inches worth), SOP(1" binder), 2" jepp binder crammed full, 1" jepp binder, enroutes, flashlight, Cardinals hat, window shades, ipod(and hotmike cable) pens, headset, various other things. I never have to worry about the bottom of my bag falling out and losing all my coveted chopsticks from panda express.

For god sakes buy something thats going to hold up, get the Scott bag. Do we need to teach you how to dress too?? For all you math wizzes that recommend the office depot thing, multiply the 30 dollar cost every time your going to have to get one (like every few months). You could take the scott bag to the football field and it would hold up.

I have had the Office Depot special for 1 year and my Scott bag just shipped today. I havn't had an operating handle on my bag for about 3 or 4 months. The wheels / handle also take up a bunch of room which could be used for survival food or an x-box.

kansas said:
Good evening-

I'm looking to buy an airline-style flight kit bag sometime in the near future. Given that it's my first (read low-pay, and hopefully my last) regional job, I really would rather not break the bank on this item. However, I'd like to have something that is going to last. Suggestions? Thanks for your help.
a black one

Latest resources

Back