• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kansas

Seeee yaaaaaaaaa!
Good evening-

I'm looking to buy an airline-style flight kit bag sometime in the near future. Given that it's my first (read low-pay, and hopefully my last) regional job, I really would rather not break the bank on this item. However, I'd like to have something that is going to last. Suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Good quality, medium price

Pretty neat flight kit. From outer marker I believe. Leather, around $150, will last a LONG time.

I bought the office depot special for $40 and it made it 3 months. The handles are not strong enough for the weight.

There are plenty of guys that drag those around. There are plenty of guys who drag around worse things. I chose not to buy the office depot special and am glad I did since there were a few in my class who didnt even make it through class before something broke. My advice is to get something nice once, instead of a turd 20 times, but thats how I am. I got the scott leather kit, 300 bucks, has a lifetime warranty, good locks, and sturdy as all hell. I havent looked at the bag from the outermarker, but if its full leather its gonna be better than plastic anyday. If you call Scott leather up, sometimes they have like outlet type bags for a pretty good discount, also there is nothing like the smell of fresh texas leather when you pull it out of the box.

mavdog said:
Not sure, but the FOM at our airline says that our luggage needs to be black, so something like above may not work, depending on the airline. I have seen guys draging something like this around.

They don't call it the "tool case" for nothin'...
Sorry.

My thirty dollar, Office Depot special is holding up pretty good after 6 months. I figure it might be good for at least another year.

The pins that attatch the Depot special to the handle bend and then break. Usually with no warning on leg 1, day 1 of a 4 day.

Scott is built like a tank. My buddy's dad flew at Delta for 33 years on ONE scott flight bag, duck tape wrapped near the end.

Latest resources

Back