which corp aircraft to buy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to second the Westwind.

Excellent on the shorter trips and great on the coast to coast trips.

Might be a little much if there is going to be a bunch of 1.0 flights.

Full Lav, not quite like a LR55 but its a nice addition for the long huals.

I flew a Westind 1, didnt notice much wallowing compared to a 2. I saw more wallowing in LR 20 series than a Westwind.

Last edited:
If you are looking at mid-size, in that price range, a Falcon 20 with 731 fans would be the way to go. Big cabin, great range, fast and easy to fly.

I thought this guy was looking for a plane to do DAL-PHX and DAL-LBB. Aren't we talking trips of 30 to 90 minutes? Some of these recommendations seem a little unrealistic for these short hops and pattern of cycles.

DAL-->PHX = 762 NM

DAL-->LBB = 254 NM

the above trips represent the majority of the types of trips this airplane will be performing, with 4 to 6 PAX and "typical" baggage for 3 day trip. Probaby 80% of the trips will fit under the above category.

Appoximately every 3 months, it will be used on

DAL-->KTEB = approx 1200 NM

the "1200 to 1500 NM" trip will be the most range this guy will need in one shot. This plane WILL NOT be used for European travel or JFK->LAX type of stuff.

also, future owner will not buy brand new (he doesn't even buy brand new pickups, always the "2 year old model"), but does want newer than older. In other words, 1997 jet is yes, 1982 jet is no.

I think you should consider the CJ2. It fits every parameter you mentioned without being too big (read too expensive) of an airplane. Several used ones on the market between 2-3 years old. Ongoing maintenance costs will depend on which serial number you get, but fuel will be relatively cheap.

But hey I'm biased. I miss the CJ2 so take my recommendation with a grain of salt and take an independent look at it. Good luck!

What about a Jetstar? Big cabin, reasonably fast, long range.

DA 10 or 20 with 731 or Hawker 800

The Hawker might do the trick.

The Hawker has a stand-up cabin much like the King Air and a full lavatory. TKS is no fun, but may not be that big of a factor for your location.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back