• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which American Flyers in Texas is Best?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
5070 was my classmates total to do the 141 school without the writtens. Either place is good its a great school and program with great instructors. Don't expect it to be easy or laid back. You will be in class about 30 days straight almost 8 hours a day.

Are you going to do it Pt. 61 or 141?

Are you going to do it Pt. 61 or 141?
Looks like I'll be doing it Part 141. I still have a little GI bill remaining and it's my understanding they will only cover Part 141 expenses. The extra training that comes with the 141 school can't hurt either.

ALIMBO: How did you like the course books sold to you by AF? I'm about to order ASA's CFI and Instrument Rating/CFII test prep books and software. Just wondering how AF's material is in comparison to others.

It's everything you need literally. Buy all the PTS books ASA makes in addition to all the FAA books and you should be set. Where ever you decide to take it you will need to buy a sectional approach plates and a low enroute to go with it but other than that you should be fine. Gleims are nice but you can take all the tests online now at exams4pilots.org.

...you can take all the tests online now at exams4pilots.org.

Hey good call on the exams4pilots site. I did not know about that until you mentioned it. I see no need to buy the prepware software now. Looks to me like the same material can be had for free on the exams4pilots site.

I forgot don't forget to buy a new Far/AIM for 2009. Go through and highlight or tab all the areas you need to know. Mainly Parts 61 and 91 but there is still other areas you will need to know. I literally sat at the dinner table and turned every page and highlighted whatever I deemed important as an instructor. Its long and tedious but necessary.

I forgot don't forget to buy a new Far/AIM for 2009. Go through and highlight or tab all the areas you need to know. Mainly Parts 61 and 91 but there is still other areas you will need to know. I literally sat at the dinner table and turned every page and highlighted whatever I deemed important as an instructor. Its long and tedious but necessary.

Yeah, I've got the 2009 FAR/AIM. Lots of material to plow through. I want to get the 3 exams out of the way and start on my lesson plans. Need to find the time to read thru the FAR/AIM. No problems falling to sleep anymore...reading thru that stuff is better than a sleeping pill.

Your not kidding. If you can get the Written tests done then that saves you from going in for the 6 days that they do test prep for the writtens. And trust me your going to want those days to relax and sleep in an extra hour.

Latest resources

Back