• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which airline to fly for....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You do realize UPS has pilots on furlough with the next bunch slated to go out 6/20.

Well aware as I have close friends there. I am also aware of their pay, retirement and the fact that they continue to make money in this difficult environment. Being furloughed at UPS for a short period is much better than never being furloughed at other companies. Just run the numbers. Think long term here sport.

Last edited:
Sit at the feet of Kit Darby and kiss his robe as he exbounds upon the ever pending pilot shortage. Then the secret for finding the perfect airline job will be revealed to you.

Well aware as I have close friends there. I am also aware of their pay, retirement and the fact that they continue to make money in this difficult environment. Being furloughed at UPS for a short period is much better than never being furloughed at other companies. Just run the numbers. Think long term here sport.

I always found that last thing interesting. Depending on your age, you probably are better off at UPS than other places even with a 5 year furlough thrown in. If you aren't hired at UPS until 47 years old though, it might not work out so good.

Yeah, but TWA has a much larger domestic feed and their management just bought Hardee's, Canteen Corp., Century 21 and Hilton Hotels to add to the bottom line, making TWA profitable for the foreseeable future.

And, TWA has SST's on order, too.

Can't go wrong.

TC

Yeah but Pan American ordered Concordes. The Concorde has a better chance of success than the SST.

Guys the concorde is a risky new concept and may threaten whatever airline uses it. I would not roll the dice on new concepts or new ideas, which means I would throw in SWA (a new entrant serving three texas cities) as another place to avoid.

Ditto on Federal Air Express or Federal Express, they are trying to compete with the US Government funded mail system. I wouldn't roll the dice on that.

pay, retirement and they make money. Still furloughing people they moved to ANC and leaving them there.

Furloughed for a short period. UPS says 5 years. Not sure. Do you know something everyone else doesn't?

Run the numbers. Last time I checked still 0 while on furlough.

Long term. tell that to the guys who came over from AA, UAL, USAir, etc., giving up 8-20 years. I'm sure they'll make back the money they lose after being furloughed 5 years versus staying at their previous employer:cool:

I would go with PAA, just a great place to be and those flying boats looks seriously cool.

If they dont offer you a job, go with Bluejet, it's a great place to be and has an awesome future, at least that is what managements keeps saying and they should know!

I'd go to AirTran. Our pilots are some of the most highly paid and happiest professionals in the sky. We have THE BEST quality of life as compared to our peers. The company (out of the kindness of their big hearts) provides a full company pension plan and free health care. Pilot/management relations are very harmonious, hence our pilots electing to stay non-union (saves money). This coupled with the chance to fly Captain (in only 2 years!) makes AirTran THE place to be. Go there's NOTHING stopping you!

If you can't get on with a classy airline like AirTran I'd suggest Eastern (almost the same thing) or TWA mentioned above. Chicks dig the guys who can pilot the SST. Now THAT'S a shiny jet!

Go to Veterinarian school, less animals to deal with and it pays much much more. Then buy your own plane to play with.

Latest resources

Back