• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to stay in Venice,Italy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You didn't say if you had a price point in mind, but I highly recommend the Hotel Londra Palace. I can also personally recommend the Hotel Danielli, although last I checked the room rates were frankly outrageous.

If you are on a budget, stay in Treviso. It's a nice authentic italian town about a 20-25 minute train ride inland. My wife and I stayed at a decent bed and breakfast there (Villa Angelina) for about $75/night instead of paying $200-$300 for a tiny hotel room on the island. I also highly recommend www.tripadvisor.com

I was there last month and we stayed on Lido Island at Hotel Buon Pesce. Lido is much quieter and some rooms have a great ocean view and the beach on Lido is fantastic pm me if you have any questions.

Venice Italy Hotels

Whatever you do, dont stay in Treviso. Its safe to say the trains in Italy dont always run on time, your 25 minute ride can easily turn into an hour with another 25 minute walk to the Grand Canal. Venice is too beautiful a city to waste your time like that.
First choice: Gritti Palace, right on the Grand Canal, very friendly staff with an outdoor bar that has to be the most pleasant place in Venice to get drunk. Worked so well for me my girlfriend became my wife. The Danielle gets high marks, the view from the terrace restaurant is incredible.
Most of all, enjoy

brnstrmr said:
Whatever you do, dont stay in Treviso. Its safe to say the trains in Italy dont always run on time, your 25 minute ride can easily turn into an hour with another 25 minute walk to the Grand Canal. Venice is too beautiful a city to waste your time like that.
First choice: Gritti Palace, right on the Grand Canal, very friendly staff with an outdoor bar that has to be the most pleasant place in Venice to get drunk. Worked so well for me my girlfriend became my wife. The Danielle gets high marks, the view from the terrace restaurant is incredible.
Most of all, enjoy

If you can afford to stay at Gritti Palace, then you are much wealthier than I am...I just looked it up on Expedia for next weekend and it's going for $792.94 per night. I'd rather take the 25 minute train ride and make my mortgage payment this month. But hey, if it's on someone else's dime, go for it.

Check out Hotel Plaza in Mestre. Not a bad hotel. The train station is cross the street. 20 minute train ride to downtown Venice. We stay there all the time on our short layovers.

coffeepilot said:
Where to stay in Venice,Italy

Hotel Danelli is just a block off St Mark's Square and is a 5 star hotel...well worth the stay..also take the water taxi from the airport...its a great place.

Latest resources

Back