• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to Live in Houston?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would want to live next to that Astronaut Chick... What part of crazytown do they live in???!!!!

I used to live in a lake/golf community called Bentwater. It is real nice but relatively expensive. However, about the time I sold my house there was a mortgage scheme busted up by the FBI which resulted in about 20 houses being forclosed on. I believe that many are still available and may go to auction. I think the whole deal drove down all the prices and you may get a house that was worth $400,000 for 3 something. It is about 45 minutes to IAH on the North end of Lake Conroe. I think there are houses in the mid 200 range now too.

That's right Houston sucks, so all you carpet baggers should stay away. No really...

I would suggest from Spring north to the Woodlands. Try to stay within Montgomery county. Your insurance rates and property taxes will be definitely lower.

I lived in Conroe for a few years. Liked the country feel. Seems I went to the Woodlands though anytime I needed anything. To do it over again I would do only move into the Woodlands proper. Not Spring near the woodlands, but within. One thing I found helpful when house shopping (this ruled Humble out one night) is go to the nearest Walmart/Grocery store that you would be shopping at around 9pm at night. You may have a nice house but it is interesting to see who your immidiate and not so immidiate neighbors will be. And remember the people who say Houston sucks have probably never lived there. Their exposure is probably limited to the bus ride from the airport to the crashpad in Greenspoint.

Where do most of the CAL pilots live in Houston?

I've heard the Museum District/Memorial Park/Hospital areas are nice as well as Clear Lake and Humble...

Just curious what is the best value and being able to drive easily to IAH.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Pilot ghetto North = The Woodlands
Pilot ghetto NorthEast = Kingwood

A lot of guys live up in the 249/1488 area (Magnolia)

I live NW off of 290...near Fairfield( I believe someone already mentioned this area)

Rice area is a little less bang for your buck(size of home) but you're in the "happening" part of town, if there is one:rolleyes: (i can say that, i've lived here my whole life)

Clear Lake, Friendswood, Galveston, all south of town and hour plus drive.

If you're looking for cheap housing checkout Greenspoint:uzi: or South Houston:pimp:

Hope this helps

dk

Ahh, Gunspoint. I started every morning with a smile after finding that my car was not stolen during the night.

Enjoy the summer, It's lovely...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back