Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjacobs

You Still Suck
Just as the title reads, anybody know where to go to get a ME-ATP for cheap. All ATP's wants like 2500 bucks, which I cant really justify. I think I can justify like 1000 bucks or so. I have heard there is a school out in Arizona that is around a grand or so, but nobody seems to know the name. I will go anywhere as long as the price is right. Please save the, just wait till you upgrade and the company will pay for it B.S. I may have a job opportunity, but I am lacking the ATP.

I think I would like a new car, but I do not want to spend what it costs. I would like to only spend half. And I do not want any suggestions about a car with a dead person in it only costing half.

--------I could not help my self.-------

---Must step away from the k e y b o a r d.........

Holy ********************, are you all ********************ing kidding me, now I remember why I never post on here. All you get is smart ass remarks and no real answer.

In all honesty, I would just go the ALLATPs route. Quick and simple.

$2500 really isn't that much money for an almost hassle-free guarantee for a canned ride.

...or you could take your chances if you're current and hire a local DE for $300 bucks. This will still cost you some. Figure in a few hours of dual in a twin plus the checkride time and DE fee, it may end up costing more outside of a structured program.

AllATPs is fine, unless you live at one of those locations where they think you need 10 hours of semin-hole time, then it costs around 4k. I did mine at CRM in scottsdale, it costed 2100 including the checkride. You need to have your written done when you show up though....

The is a school at Falcon Field(FFZ) in Phoenix. I thank they told me around 1200. They use an apache. Not the best airplane, but affordable.

Thanks for the real answers, the cost is what I was afraid of, not having to pay for flying in 3 years kinda makes one jaded, damn 121 airline flying. There is a place in STL I can go to for 2000 bucks(and I wouldnt have to pay for a hotel). I guess ill probably have to pony up the 2000 buck.

After 3 years of 121 flying why can't you go rent a twin and get an examiner for around $500 total?

Latest resources

Back