• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to go to get a cheap ATP???????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
start a piston twin, hahahaha, land one, hahahaha. I would probably flair at like 50 feet. I couldnt go out and just jump in a piston twin with a DE and knock it out in an hour. The closest I have come to a piston airplane in 3 years is taxiing by one. To even rent a piston twin to do an ATP ride, most flight schools would probably require 5 hours for a checkout, thats about a grand right there.

Well it is good to know your limitations. If you have any time in a light twin, you may be suprised how quick it comes back.

Be careful of some "quick" schools, they can get you close then kick you into a checkride just before you are ready. Ask around for references.

Ive got about 300 hours in light twins, just havent flown one in a long time. Most of the schools that people recommend only give you about 5 hours in the airplane before your ride for the low low price of 2500 bucks, which to me is kinda steep. IF I were getting 10 hours than I would think it might be worth the 2500 bucks, but 5 hours plus the ride which is 1.5 at most for 2500 bucks is kinda steep. I know I should just quit whining, but damn.

honestly, if you have any substantial experience in a piston twin, you won't need much more than a couple of hours to prep for the checkride. I hadn't flown a piston in 3 years, and by the time we had flown two hours, I was up to speed, and then my next flight was the checkride.

good luck

I second Sheble's as I used to work there. Quick, cheap(except for XJT FO's)....that was a joke:)

Seriously, if you like good weather, cold beer and finish in two days get ur azzz to KIGM.

Yea that probably is the place, the guy said its in kingman. I could have sworn he said it was cheaper than that, I guess I mis-heard him. There is a place in STL that does it for that same price and I wouldnt have to pay for a hotel since I have family there.

Anyone have a ATP-ASEL? It might give me a excuse to do some light plane flying. I took one up about 5 months ago and had a blast.

Latest resources

Back