Where to go in Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
West End

Take her to the West End some evening and spring for a carriage ride. They will give you the downtown tour while you relax and listen to the horse hooves on the pavement. Also, there are lots of good eating places in the West End.

Deep Elum is fun and funky, but crime is high there right now. Stay on the well-lit main streets.

[QUOTE='LUVIN LIFE]Okay, I'm not going to be shy about asking more questions. This one is for the wife though (kind of).

I need some suggestions on what/where the wife and I should do while in Dallas for those first few days of class. Kids are at Grandma's so I'm looking to take advantage of the working vacation.

I've never been to Dallas (except for the interview) and am looking to take her to some of the popular eats/attractions.

Make me a hero! :D

Thanks again!

p.s. See you next Tuesday Alcatraz and Whiff.[/QUOTE]
Hey Luvin Life,

You going down on the 15th? If so, see you at the reception :)

Vladimir Lenin said:
why are you taking your wife to class again?

SWA, as well as AA and DAL (when they were hiring) have the newhires bring their spouses for the first 2 days of training where they wine em and dine em.

In Dallas, Lower Greenville is a nice place to go. If you want a good quick meal there try out Snuffers. Great burgers and cheese fries. There is a place just west of Dallas called the Gaylord Texan that she might find interesting. Might wanna try a steak place too. Three Forks is reasonably priced, and you wont leave unhappy.
If you go to Ft. Worth, stroll thru Billy Bobs just to check it out. It's open all day. Downtown Ft.Worth has a mexican food place called MiCosina. Best food around. And finally if you take her to Whataburger she'll love you long time.

Last edited:
Vladimir Lenin said:
wow, that's rich

what's that costing them

I dont know. I could care less. God forbid an airline actually show some sort of appreciation to a pilot and his/her spouse.

Mi Cocina....Local Dallas Tex-Mex with great Margaritas ...locations all over Dallas
Lower Greenville...Terellis...Good Martinis, live jazz and italian food
Travis Walk...Chuy's
West Village....Fere...good italian....
There are more reseraunts per capita in Dallas than in any city in the U.S. Have fun, take a cab!

Latest resources

Back