Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

'LUVIN LIFE

No Matter the Situation
Okay, I'm not going to be shy about asking more questions. This one is for the wife though (kind of).

I need some suggestions on what/where the wife and I should do while in Dallas for those first few days of class. Kids are at Grandma's so I'm looking to take advantage of the working vacation.

I've never been to Dallas (except for the interview) and am looking to take her to some of the popular eats/attractions.

Make me a hero! :D

Thanks again!

p.s. See you next Tuesday Alcatraz and Whiff.

[quote='LUVIN LIFE]Okay, I'm not going to be shy about asking more questions. This one is for the wife though (kind of).

I need some suggestions on what/where the wife and I should do while in Dallas for those first few days of class. Kids are at Grandma's so I'm looking to take advantage of the working vacation.

I've never been to Dallas (except for the interview) and am looking to take her to some of the popular eats/attractions.

Make me a hero! :D

Thanks again!

p.s. See you next Tuesday Alcatraz and Whiff.[/quote]

Do you just wanna stay in Downtown Dallas or are you thinking about going to the surrounding areas as well? The Metroplex is a very large place.

'luvin Life...

Are you going to have wheels while you're there? If so, Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth is a great place to hang out. Riskey's has $9.99 All-You-Can-Eat beef ribs everyday and then go to the Flying Saucer to drink your way around the world in beer. There's lots to do there, theater, movies, art, plenty to keep you and her busy and having fun while free and easy without the bambinos!:beer:

PD said today that I should be three months behind you. You'll be doing IOE while I'm having fun in Fort Worth and starting my new LUV career.:D

Sorry, I'll clarify.

Yes, I will be getting a rental car. I'm going to splurge and not make her walk anywhere! If I didn't get a car, well, let's just say you would know me in class by my wife's face => :angryfire

HA!

Definitely willing to drive the local area. And you all know better than I do the amount of time we will have after class Tuesday-Friday. She'll be leaving Saturday mid-morning so we have several nights.

Eagerly waiting to read replies.....

Go to Fort Worth. I can't think of anything good about Dallas (even the Cowboys avoid Dallas!).

Fort Worth
- Stockyards
- Joe T. Garcia's (mexican food - bring cash, no c.c's, and sit outside)
- Sundance Square (downtown)

Eats...
Mexican food (upscale): Mario and Alberto's
12817 Preston Rd. (Preston @ LBJ Freeway)
(972) 980-7296

Recommend: Carne Asada for your main course, and Kahlua Pie for desert.
(Leave room on your fork for a small piece of steak combined with a little
cheese and green pepper for each bite...delicious) And the margaritas are
excellent!
She'll be impressed....welcome aboard!!!

There is a bunch to do in Dallas as well as FT worth, but FT Worth is a long drive from the hotel, more especially after a few cold ones.

Try Deep Elum, Lower Greenville or better yet here is a link to it all: http://dfwmetro.org/dallas.htm

luv2fly...

luv2fly said:
There is a bunch to do in Dallas as well as FT worth, but FT Worth is a long drive from the hotel, more especially after a few cold ones.

Try Deep Elum, Lower Greenville or better yet here is a link to it all: http://dfwmetro.org/dallas.htm

Dude, that website has some funky music! I was sitting here listening to Sean Hannity and I clicked on that link and the music started playing. What a shock!;)

We now return to the Travel Channel...Exploring North Texas on a New Hire Budget.:D

NoPlaneNoGain said:
I can't think of anything good about Dallas (even the Cowboys avoid Dallas!).

I agree completely!!!:beer: Fort Worth(less) isn't so bad, it's the lesser of the two evils!!!!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back