where is njaowner?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
netjetwife said:
Cat Yaak, I take back what I said...THIS...is your best post to date! Looking through my cards....Ahh, here's one for you!

[url="http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=103522357&m=1932&source=bma"]http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=103522357&m=1932&source=bma[/url]
A card?......for me?.....uh oh...

..(tentatively clicking on the link)...

I knew it!...It's the coup de grace!! @$^&# !!!

You're relentless, I surrender. I have no armor to shield me from this kind of thing.

Catyaaak

Hey, look! She really is a woman. And she actually DOES work--3 yr old Anna on mt lap as I type--sorry for the typo, hard to see the keys.

I think that if we speak w/respect and civility, we'll be able to learn more and have a better chance at seeing things from another's perspective. It seems as though you are willing to meet me half way. I appreciate that, Cat Yaak.

Now I'm off to clean house and paint, but I'll be back later and look forward to a friendly debate of the issues.
NJW

Publishers said:
Owner,

What they are quick to forget is that Netjets was one of the few aviation enterprizes with substanial growth since 1999 and that many of them would not even be employed in aviation had this company not been so successful.
Dear Management,

You are quick to forget what has made NetJets so successful. It definately wasn't Leadership from the crack management team at any level. It wasn't owner services who rarely tells an owner the truth. I doubt it was the pricing. Safety and Service are 2 things that ring the bell. Pilots are the company representatives that the owners see. When things go to "he11 in a hand bag", it's not operations or management fixing the problems, it's the pilots. The Pilots made Netjets successful which lead to its substantial growth.

That being said, you can thank a pilot for making the place safe, successful and giving the company the ability to employ more people.

BIG HIGH FIVE! Well said Live4flying! At the risk of being flamed again..lol..I'd like to point out the fact that we see NJA pilots receiving tips, VOLUNTARILY GIVEN by the owners, bolsters your argument that it is, indeed, the PILOTS who are making the business successful and providing that stellar service that the company's reputation is built on.

Now back to work...even housecleaners get breaks...for those of you so concerned about the state of affairs in my household....NJW

Live4flyng said:
Dear Management,

You are quick to forget what has made NetJets so successful. It definately wasn't Leadership from the crack management team at any level. It wasn't owner services who rarely tells an owner the truth. I doubt it was the pricing. Safety and Service are 2 things that ring the bell. Pilots are the company representatives that the owners see. When things go to "he11 in a hand bag", it's not operations or management fixing the problems, it's the pilots. The Pilots made Netjets successful which lead to its substantial growth.

That being said, you can thank a pilot for making the place safe, successful and giving the company the ability to employ more people.
Hmmmm...not to detract from the the pilots' contribution for doing their job safely, and and offering pretty good service, but...

Pricing is the foundation of the success, and the economic model makes fractional ownership economically advantageous for a niche market for users requiring between 100-350 hours of flight time per year....cheaper than chartering at the low end, and less expensive than full-ownership at the high. This is BY FAR the most important reason for it's success. Rulings with respect to the US Tax Code helped further this advantage. What also can't be underestimated, is the advantage of a customer being able to more easily forecast with great predictability (and therefore budget for) it's aircraft expenses from 3-5 years in the future. This is especially important for first-time owners or flight departments looking for supplemental lift. The pilots didn't come up with this system, btw.

Salespeople and buying power....Pilots never sell a share or convince people to sign on the dotted line and commit to years of payments. Easy to do?....try it sometime. Pilot's don't parlay the buying power of Netjets into the huge unit cost cuts from the aircraft manufactuers that translate into profit, nor did they dream up the notion of "occupied time" whereby an owner is automatically billed for .2 hours extra for every leg he flies, but the aircraft didn't.

The fact that "pilots are the company reps the owners see", doesn't mean they don't also talk to, or see, other company reps. The fact is, you don't see or hear of problems that are avoided or resolved before you're aware of them, only those which the pilots have to deal with.

Schedulers, dispatchers, mx techs. Now, you may not be happy with everything they do, but the fact that customers who pay the bills are kept happy the majority of the time because servicable, crewed aircraft show up to take them where they want to go, proves that the above individuals and the managers are contributing to it's success.

Much as you'd like to think otherwise, without any of the above, you wouldn't have a company, or a job there.

Last edited:
To quote Live4Flying:

"The Pilots made Netjets successful which lead to its substantial growth."

and don't forget, Toyota owes its success to the local Toyota service technician (since he is the one I see when things go wrong), and GE owes its success to the dishwasher repairman.

Pilots were part of the success ... as a team. Most of the rewards go to those who took the risk and/or those who created, developed and implemented the idea. Not just at NJA, but elsewhere in business too.

Guys (and wives) -- I apologize if today some comments have been getting testy. Not the best day in business. But that aside, pilots don't rule all -- I hate to tell you. Doctors think they are the most important and underpaid people on the planet and the world can't survive without them either. Firemen too. Teachers too. Lawyers too. Computer programmers and tecnhicians --- well maybe; they and the trash collectors in more populated areas probably have the greatest leverage over us mere mortals.

The management guys who negotiate your contracts probably think they are the most important and NJA would be down the tubes without them. If they raised all of your salaries by 300% then they would have fewer owners = fewer planes = fewer pilots. Catering is real important too --- probably the #1 source of negative comments from owners. So therefore, whoever picks the caterers is probably the person to whom NJA owes its success. I mean pilots may take cr@p for a bad meal, but I haven't seen one start to recook my meal and turn the well down roast beef sandwich into a rare one or turn a crappy sandwich into a great one. It is a team effort -- all organizations work as a team and it is only as good as its worst player.

Can anyone admit that it is a team effort?

Fly safe.

Last edited:
Santulli gets much of the credit. I think it might have been ILFC who really got him interested in buying in significant blocks you could get the manufacturer to really negotiate. The concept of getting Cessna Service Centers to work on their aircraft, etc etc.

People are always important but without some of the creative finaincing etc, they would have been just another carrier.

Ahhh, Fido had an accident...

Lord Wakefield said:
are we forgetting the company has warned that tips must be turned in.

So the next time the owner's dog takes a dump on my plane, am I to wrap it up and mail it to one of the Air Farce dweebs at Bridgeway?

CRAWDADDY said:
So the next time the owner's dog takes a dump on my plane, am I to wrap it up and mail it to one of the Air Farce dweebs at Bridgeway?
Funny, and not a bad idea if the company resisted calling the owner and telling him that he's responsible for cleaning up his dog's doo doo, or put the mutt in a carrier while it was onboard.

A cat would never do that. Yaaak?... perhaps. But doo doo?...never!

Latest resources

Back