Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where in the carolina's would you retire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't believe all that BS about southern hospitality-it's a myth!!!! And yes, I did live in the south and did not enjoy it at all.

I once had a conversation with a pilot who had once visited my southern hometown. He actually said...."It wouldn't be so bad except for all the rednecks." Wow.....nice attitude. And you wonder why you don't fit in?

I wonder why you don't hear many southerners requesting advice on tips for re-locating to Jersey or Ohio or New York or etc.... We must be stupid or something.

Your pilot friend is 100% correct. Do you ever wonder why there are so many redneck jokes and a very limited amount of Yankee jokes (which are lame at best)???

PS- Im glad I didn't fit in while I lived down there!!!

Don't flatter yourself. The main reason why NY'ers head down south is the LOW COST OF LIVING!!! I know, I lived down there and many of my friends migrated down all for that one reason. If it wasn't so damn cheap they would be back living up here.
Besides, southerners wouldn't last 6 months up here, as proven by many.

Do you ever wonder why there are so many redneck jokes and a very limited amount of Yankee jokes (which are lame at best)???

I always thought it was because Yankee's were just a walking, talking, joke to begin with....

(My sincerest apologies to all of the nice Yankee's out there, wherever you are.)

Last edited:
Besides, southerners wouldn't last 6 months up here, as proven by many.
With so many A-holes like you, I can see why. Every time I go up northeast I wonder "...just WHAT is wrong with these people?!! How can they stand to be so mean?!!" Now I see, if everyone around me was like you, I'd be a d1ckhead too.

You people are so damn sensitive. Now why is that you can trash talk northerners, but when the shoe is on the other foot you cry like little babies?? Seriously, why??

With so many A-holes like you, I can see why. Every time I go up northeast I wonder "...just WHAT is wrong with these people?!! How can they stand to be so mean?!!" Now I see, if everyone around me was like you, I'd be a d1ckhead too.

Who says you aren't already one?? Again I ask, why can southerners trash talk northerners, but when its the other way around you get all defensive? You guys are the ones with the name calling, and honestly, I could give a rats a$$.

PS-There's absolutely nothing wrong with "us" people. Again, you can dish it out, but certainly can't take it.

Latest resources

Back