Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where do you draw the "entertainment" line in the cockpit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh Lord, I can about hear it in your cockpit when 770 is on. My liberal bones shiver... uuughh
LOL. I can actually picture that one! I listen to Rush all the time - sometimes when the CA sees me tuning it up, he'll toggle on just to see what I'm listening to. Every now and then, I glance over, see a disgusted look and they toggle off. I LOVE IT!!!

LOL. I can actually picture that one! I listen to Rush all the time - sometimes when the CA sees me tuning it up, he'll toggle on just to see what I'm listening to. Every now and then, I glance over, see a disgusted look and they toggle off. I LOVE IT!!!

ha ha.. he is the guy you Love to hate. Although I'd take him over that blonde chick... uugh.

I'll read the newspaper, the only radio I listen to is a Cubs game, and I only listen when I'm the flying pilot so I don't miss radio calls.

it all depends on who is next to you. When people start missing radio calls thats where I draw the line. If a guy needs a power nap that is ok. Rather have the guy sleep during cruise then nod off during the approach.

Ever tried playing cards while in cruise and descent?

I usually draw the line at lap dances........

I'll read the newspaper, the only radio I listen to is a Cubs game, and I only listen when I'm the flying pilot so I don't miss radio calls.

One of the dumbest statements ever posted on the forum. There is a reason that there are two pilots...it's so one can back the other one and listening to the radio sort'a eliminates that check and balance. F^kn amazing!

Where do you draw the line?

I've seen some interesting stuff, and am wondering what you think is acceptable behavior in the cockpit.
  1. Don't read anything but company literature in flight. (no joke, saw it with my own eyes)
  2. Read but don't listen to music/talk radio.
  3. Listen to music/talk radio but only in cruise.
  4. Listen to music/talk radio but only above 10k.
  5. Listen to music/talk radio anytime.
  6. Watch DVDs on Laptop during long cruise legs.
Assume you're experienced and comfortable with the airplane and situation and flight crew.

I've done all of the above . . . in a 210 . . . except for the above 10k part. :)

Obviously flame bait, nobody can be that dense..:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back