Where can i go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i have a 2 year degree, which probably dont mean sh!t

I'm going to take a wild ass guess here and say you're right. With your obvious grasp of the English language, your 2 years of college done you no good.

Dude...go to college. Spend a good 5-6 years there. Watch animal house before hand and use that as a guide. Don't drive drunk and don't get violated. Then worry about a shitty regional job where you work your butt off and don't make crap!

College! Flight instruct part time on the side. Some airlines have min hiring ages. Anyhow, if you got hired now, you'd have to be an FO for 4 years to meet the ATP age req't. You won't be missing out on much at the regionals if you take time out for school. I was 24 when I was in ground school, and i was the 2nd youngest in my class.

Johnking562 said:
no out of beaver county(BVI) near pittsburgh at beaver aviation
I flew with a kid a year ago out of DPA who was 18. He wasn't going to bother with college right now. He was going to go back when he got hired on with the majors.
I just smiled and said "That's not a bad idea"

If you want to go to a regional (not saying I disagree with the other guys here) Pinnacle will take you at 19, you have good time for your age (wish I had that kind of time at 19). If you want the interview experiance put in the application and take the interview, you're under no obligation to take the job.

Adam

If you get hired on at a regional, every crew you fly with will give you hell for the next 2 years. You Captain will make sure to buy the F/A a beer and you a soda pop or apple juice.

arthompson said:
If you want to go to a regional (not saying I disagree with the other guys here) Pinnacle will take you at 19, you have good time for your age (wish I had that kind of time at 19). If you want the interview experiance put in the application and take the interview, you're under no obligation to take the job.

Adam

PCL wants 1000tt and 200 multi.

College was the best time of my life. and it probably goes the same for a lot of the other people on this board. So dont think college is just long papers to write and tests to study for, Its also parties, drinking, and girls.

But if you want to get on with an airline at your time I say try putting it in at ASA and PSA. i think everyone else wants at least 1000. Its true you cant upgrade until your 23, but most places you wont upgrade for 4 years anyway. good luck. DO what you want, dont worry about people postong "go to college". I think you should, and if you dont, your missing out. but its your choice.

i agree. im not ruling out college, i have my 2 year and i'd get my four year probably over the internet if i got a job sometime soon. i just wanted to know realisticly, if and where i could go.

Johnking562 said:
i agree. im not ruling out college, i have my 2 year and i'd get my four year probably over the internet if i got a job sometime soon. i just wanted to know realisticly, if and where i could go.

I have some advice that I havn't heard anyone else say yet. You might have a little problem getting on at a regional or Airnet at 19 but you probably will. You, unfortunately, are looking at the short term. I know you said you want to take internet classes, but get real. You can't even legally drink yet. What's so wrong with finishing your degree at a real college? Don't jump the gun. I'm sure I wouldn't mind flying with you but the regionals will be the final stop in your career.

exchexflyer said:
I have some advice that I havn't heard anyone else say yet. You might have a little problem getting on at a regional or Airnet at 19 but you probably will. You, unfortunately, are looking at the short term. I know you said you want to take internet classes, but get real. You can't even legally drink yet. What's so wrong with finishing your degree at a real college? Don't jump the gun. I'm sure I wouldn't mind flying with you but the regionals will be the final stop in your career.

why do u think that? just curious

Latest resources

Back