Where Can I Get the "NASA" form?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4.0atRIDDLE said:
They told us at Embry-Riddle not to worry about NASA forms, since we will never need one.
Guess that is why it costs 40K a year there.

4.0atRIDDLE said:
They told us at Embry-Riddle not to worry about NASA forms, since we will never need one.

LMAO

Second best post ever...next to the "bearded clam" one...

-mini

TonyC said:
OK. Is it just me that's confused here?

:confused:

It must be you. Try not taking things ot of context.

Full qoute "If you bust an ADIZ or do some other shat that was entirely your fault, the nasa form won't do more than create more paperwork for nasa. It won't protect you from certificate action."

It will protect you if it was accidental or there are contributing factors not entirely in your control.

Example... If you fly an instrument approach you're not familiar with and that has a difficult to read approach plate, thus causing you to screw up (say you descent to early and cause a dangerous traffic conflict), you can report that on a NASA form, along with suggestions on how to make sure this doesn't happen to other pilots (like making the approach plate easier to read). Thats an "incident" this specific reporting system was created for.

The form won't protect you, however, if you go fly around without getting a weather briefing (including notams), and just shoot holes in the sky and "accidentally" bust a TFR that you could of found out about before the flight. Filling out a Nasa form saying something like "OOOPSS my dumb arse flew into a TFR i didn't know about because i was to busy to get a weather briefing. My suggesting to prevent such incidents from happening again would be for everyone to get a briefing before each flight" .......... no sh.it, sherlock! You will definitely not be protected under this reporting system from certificate action.

mattpilot said:
Full qoute "If you bust an ADIZ or do some other shat that was entirely your fault, the nasa form won't do more than create more paperwork for nasa. It won't protect you from certificate action."
Welcome to Burger King, have it your way: full quote, in context.

And fully wrong.

There is no exclusion for "entirely your fault." Of course it's entirely your fault, or you wouldn't even be having the discussion. The pertinent distinction here is "inadvertent and not deliberate." If you "bust an ADIZ or do some other [mistake] that was entirely your fault" but it was inadvertent and not deliberate, then filing the NASA ASRS form will be considered "by FAA to be indicative of a constructive attitude" and will prevent the imposition of a civil penalty or certificate suspension even though a finding of violation may be made, other pertinent conditions notwithstanding.

jergar999 said:
You are clearly an idoit!
Maybe you're thinking of those highway workers in Iowa over at IDOT. :D

4.0atRIDDLE said:
As career FO's, why would you?

It is my understanding the FAA does not even read the reports nor would they be able to. Just proof that one was sent is all they need so you do not have any certificate action(monetary fine or suspension) brought against you.

Rattler71

4.0atRIDDLE said:

I'd like to know the "they" who said that. By the way Embry-Riddle has NASA forms easily accessible to all students and also has an in-house incident reporting system.
I read the quote on a post from Mini in a different forum and had to look up the original message, in pure disbelief that someone actually said that.

kneeshoe said:
I'd like to know the "they" who said that. By the way Embry-Riddle has NASA forms easily accessible to all students and also has an in-house incident reporting system.
I read the quote on a post from Mini in a different forum and had to look up the original message, in pure disbelief that someone actually said that.
It was the professors that taught Flamebait 320.

The particular lesson where the NASA form stunt is introduced is called "Hooking the Big One."

:)

Latest resources

Back