Where are you ALPA??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Where are you ALPA ?"

They are conducting surveys on pilot fatigue while our industry is falling apart and its members are losing their livelihoods!

BluDevAv8r said:
Most jobs have raises built in for years of service with a company...why should aviation be any different?

-Neal

Not usually true. I'm in manufacturing, and it just can't work that way. My equipment operators have a pre-defined wage range. They get increases for proficiency, extra training, and experience. However, once they reach the top of the scale they will not get any increase except for COL. If they are a proficient employee they will reach top of scale after 3 years.

If they move to a different job, they start over with a new range and quals. I can't afford to pay someone $80,000 per year for a $45,000 per year job.

The only thing that increases for years of service are vacation accrual and EOY bonus.

eggman76 said:
Not usually true. I'm in manufacturing, and it just can't work that way. My equipment operators have a pre-defined wage range. They get increases for proficiency, extra training, and experience. However, once they reach the top of the scale they will not get any increase except for COL. If they are a proficient employee they will reach top of scale after 3 years.

If they move to a different job, they start over with a new range and quals. I can't afford to pay someone $80,000 per year for a $45,000 per year job.

The only thing that increases for years of service are vacation accrual and EOY bonus.

Ok...so a guy starts out at your company doing the job for X. Does he still get X when he's doing the exact same job 10 years later? Or does he get X+Y (where Y is some built in percentage increase over time)? You said he gets COL increases...well...one could argue that the longevity bumps in the aviation world are both for loyalty and experience as well as COL increases.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back