Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where are the off season places right now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anywhere in Mexico is pretty cheap right now....we just got back from a week at an all-inclusive (a nice one) in Puerto Vallarta...$60 per person, per night. Flights to and from out of IAH were wide open.

Isla Roatan (little island North of Honduras). Made a stop there last month on my honeymoon cruise. They said they were off season. Great snorkeling. Stay in an area called "West Bay." (I'm pretty sure that's the name). Good snorkeling up there and there are some things to do. At one of the resorts we pulled up to while kayaking they said that their cabins were going for $80 US a night right now. The resort's name was Luna Beach I believe.

I've been to Grand Caymen twice now. Once in 2000 but the seas were too rough and we weren't able to tender (take the little boat from the cruise ship into the docks) in, so we left and I didn't get to see Stingray City. Then last month. The only day of bad weather. Rough seas but where we dropped anchor was somewhat protected since we were downwind of the island. So, this time we were able to tender in BUT it was raining and the seas were too rough so ALL shore excursions were cancelled. So we shopped and drank. I guess I have to go back a third time and maybe, just maybe, I will get to Stingray City.

I agree, Roatan is beautiful as well...much less crowded than some other places, I would highly recommend that as well. I didn't get to snorkel there as the seas were too rough on the north side of the island. Caymans were damaged from the hurricanes last year. When our boat docked it was the first stop it had made to Grand Cayman that season, they had the dock areas cleaned up pretty well but you could see all the palm trees were just talls stick with a few leaves and the further you drove into town there was crap lying all over the ground, power lines still down, buildings half gone. It was a little depressing. We didn't eat there so I'm not sure about the prices of food, etc. I wasn't such a fan of Mexico, because I don't like crowded places, but if you're looking for cheap beer and food, that's your place.

Green Bay is off season right now, too! Tour Lambeau Field, eat a brat.

Latest resources

Back