• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where are the 900's Going?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are many reasons why I can't imagine the type would come to mainline. One, non-controversial, reason is that Delta is very busy trying to conclude how the NWA / DAL mainline system is going to be routed, which airplanes, bases, pilots, training programs are going to be integrated. At this point other airlines have the operational expertise with the type and Delta is in the process of getting three new airplanes on the property, plus the NWA fleet. The only real overlap is the 757-200's and even that will require consolidation.

• The 737-700 is going to be used in high perf. applications.
  • The 777-200LR is a work in progress to take that airplane further than any other commercial jet in history, against winter winds.
  • The 787 ....

Last edited:
Mesaba is my guess. They just revised the latest vacancy from 6 new hires on the 900 to 35 new hires split between the 900 and the saab. Something is going on at XJ.

Starting this December Pinnacle is ADDING 22 daily flights out of CVG and an additional 22 flights into CVG (44-flights) with the CRJ 900's. I'll let you do the math as to what that means...

Below are some of the scheduled outbounds:

2045 9E CP9 CVG ATL
2051 9E CP9 CVG AUS
2076 9E CP9 CVG BOS
2052 9E CP9 CVG BOS
2056 9E CP9 CVG DCA
2058 9E CP9 CVG DCA
2032 9E CP9 CVG DCA
2057 9E CP9 CVG DFW
2069 9E CP9 CVG DFW
2009 9E CP9 CVG EWR
2029 9E CP9 CVG LEX
2059 9E CP9 CVG MCI
2041 9E CP9 CVG PHL
2044 9E CP9 CVG PHL
2068 9E CP9 CVG PHL
2071 9E CP9 CVG SAT

Last edited:
What is PCL doing in ATL? Is the ATL flying contracting as a result or is this net gains in flying? Hmmm... Freedom losing the 900s. Comair getting them then subsequently losing them. All of a sudden PCL is ramping up hiring again. Mesaba continues to hire but the numbers are increased dramatically in short order.
How about PCL and XJ each get 7? Who the heck knows. Somethin' is going on though.

What I can't figure out is why they take the planes from an airline because of poor operational performance and give them to an airline with poor operational performance? Both Freedom and Pinnacle were having their contracts voided because of missing numbers??? DL gave Pinnancle a grace period to get the numbers up and then a month later hand them 7 more planes?

$$$$$$$ is KING!!!!!

Last edited:
What I can't figure out is why they take the planes from an airline because of poor operational performance and give them to an airline with poor operational performance? Both Freedom and Pinnacle were having their contracts voided because of missing numbers??? DL gave Pinnancle a grace period to get the numbers up and then a month later hand them 7 more planes?

Pinnacle's ATL performance had improved by a huge amount even before DAL threatened to pull the contract, once DAL let 9E have some input into the schedules to make them something more reasonable that reflected reality. Since then, performance has been fine.

Pinnacle's ATL performance had improved by a huge amount even before DAL threatened to pull the contract, once DAL let 9E have some input into the schedules to make them something more reasonable that reflected reality. Since then, performance has been fine.

Don't believe that for a minute. DL doesn't let anyone have any input on the schedules! They make the schedules and then say go fly them. I had this discussion with VP of Ops here about 20 min JFK turns and DL/DCI scheduling goes one way. They don't even want to hear about it. They make them (for whatever reason they have) and say go fly it. Period.

Latest resources

Back