• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will u know where your based at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depends on when you start, and when the vacancy bids come out. You will be assigned a "temporary" base right after training until the regular base assignment kicks in. That usually only lasts for one month or so. Then off to Oakland for a while....;)

During G/S you will have a chance to request where you will do your IOE, and bid for a base. They will accommodate you as best they can for your IOE, but where you are based will depend on where they need pilots.

This usually takes place after the second or third week. You'll get your vacancy bid result (base assignment) near the end of training.

Enjoy OAK!

Last edited:
Just curious how the bases stack up in order of seniority. A good friend of mine is awaiting a class date and would like to move to Phoenix based on my recomendation. He's wondering about how long he'd have to commute to OAK?

Saabslime said:
Just curious how the bases stack up in order of seniority. A good friend of mine is awaiting a class date and would like to move to Phoenix based on my recomendation. He's wondering about how long he'd have to commute to OAK?

In that case, hope he likes BWI.

Saabslime said:

A bud is near the bottom of the PHX FO list, and he only had to do one month (hard line month) in OAK. My crystal ball says to figure 2-3 months at the outside, worst-case, depending on vacancy bid movement and if this rumor of 3 classes/month pans out.

Now, please recommend that your friend come to and stay in PHX, as I only have 37 peeps (give or take) below me. And have him make the move in June/July to get the full Phoenx flava :D

Peace,
DP

DHPope93, thanks for the reply. I'll pass it on.:)

Latest resources

Back