• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will the SWA DB meet again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CVG-There is no 100% formula. Some folks have been hired with no reference calls (anecdotal evidence from this board and others), and many have had references called and not get hired. Have faith!!

I do... but he didn't feel that great about the interview so it's hard to be optimistic. He said he felt like he really didn't get one of the interviewer to connect with him. But you never know i guess. He is such the perfect guy for the company, it's wheter they got to see that or not. let's cross our fingers!!!!!!

well it is all over. I know how everybody must feel now. The two days between my board and the call i was a nervous reck. My girlfriend actually would look forward to going to work just to get away from me. GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!

Recent history has shown that phones won't start ringing until Friday. They're still meeting today...travel tomorrow...start calling on Friday. Just don't want folks to start chewing off their fingernails because their phone doesn't ring today...or tomorrow. Again, GOOD LUCK!

Quick Question. I have almost 5000 TT with 3000 Turbine with just under 1300 HRS Turbine PIC 121( Beech 1900D) and also a check airman. Is it possible for me to get hired with Southwest Airlines with tis time. I have seen a lot of people not get hired from the beech. I also have 1 letter of rec. Thanks for any replys.

IRELAND-First of all, don't ask us...ask Southwest...by APPLYING. But don't do so until you get your 1300 PIC. Your letter of rec, internal or otherwise, won't help until after you have been invited to interview. At that point, SWA actually requires 3 letters of rec from people who have actually flown with you. Also (again, AFTER you get the interview) get your "inside" contact(s) to sumbit an on-line rec for you. There are many that say those carry more weight than the hard copies SWA asks you to bring to the interview. Just remember this: The odds of getting hired are hovering at slightly less than 50% if you apply...The odds are SIGNIFICANTLY less if you don't apply. GOOD LUCK!

I know there was a guy in my new hire class that was a Checkairman on the 1900 for Gulfstream, although he did have some other sic time in an RJ.

Rek

Latest resources

Back