• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will Pilots learn:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about all the calls to scheduling trying to call in sick and having the scheduler them that the flight will cancel. Why doesnt the media get a hold of those and play those? Or play the call of a pilot calling in unfit and being told he has to talk to the CP? (read: intimidation)

How about all the calls to scheduling trying to call in sick and having the scheduler them that the flight will cancel. Why doesnt the media get a hold of those and play those? Or play the call of a pilot calling in unfit and being told he has to talk to the CP? (read: intimidation)

It's time for every company to use an automated DNIF reporting system. No verbal pressure from some sh*thead who sits at a desk while pilots are out doing their job.
Maybe Congress can make that happen as they make changes to better serve the paying public. It's time Congress puts more pressure on the companies to uphold their end.

From a pilot's perspective - you could not have asked for a better CVR transcript to outline the problems within the regional airline industry.

You're right, everything we do is scrutinized when we screw up. Its about time for the professional aviators in the regional business to once again be treated like mere humans. Every regional out there asks its crews to trudge through the same slop of mud. Under the current circumstances, you will have more of these tragedies continue to occur until something is done to improve the working conditions of regional pilots.

My boss says I can only get sick 12 days a year. Beyond that I have to choose to not feed my family or go to work sick.

Last edited:
She's just starting a trip. If she calls in sick she's probably forbidden from using her jumpseat privileges. She makes less than $20K/yr. How is she going to pay for a hotel for the four days or so of her scheduled trip? That policy is yet another way that people are forced into working while they're sick.

I have -no- problem saying something like that on the CVR. She was put in an awful situation and that situation contributed to a lot of deaths -- people should know that.

How do you know that her cold, contributed to a lot of deaths?????

Her illness is not the cause of that crash, but it is certainly a contributing factor. We work in a crew environment. If she had been sharp, well-rested and healthy, she would have done a better job -- period.

Her illness adversely affected her performance, and that contributed to the accident chain -- period.

Everything they say and do etc.. is put under a microscope- especially if there is an .

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-07-27-buffalo-plane-crash_N.htm?csp=34

SKIPPY

I think most of us can relate to her situation. I think most of us have to admit to that we've flown sick at one time or another just so as to not to miss out on a paycheck. Especially during that stages of our career when we make peanuts and live from paycheck to paycheck. I don't blame her for what she did. (Or more accurately, had to do.) She was just trying to pay her bills and get by. Skippy, if you never had to to what that poor gal did. consider yourself one of the lucky few.

Latest resources

Back